Tail of the Dragon

NSDQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know if anyone is interested. Would look to do something as soon as June through late summer/early fall. If anyone has ran the tail before, please chime in with your experience and any tips regarding putting a together a G2G/group run on the tail. This would be a great way for multiple states to do something together and do something other than a straight line 1/4 mile G2G or something like that.

http://tailofthedragon.com/index.html

Last edited:
Wildman

I have rode the dragon several times. There is a small hotel at Deels Gap with about 12 rooms, (so get reservations early). They have good food their but nothing fancy. As long as you drive normal and safe it is a great ride. I usually take my Harley but plan on driving my truck this summer. You can also turn left at Deels Gap and make your way to Cherokee for some gambling if you like that kind of thing. And Gatlinburg is just 30 more miles across the mountain from Cherokee.

Wade

Awesome information. Definitely not looking for anything fancy in the way of a hotel, just something with a bed and a shower.

you better book now for the summer...

they're cheap, in the long run, but basic... tile floors, bunk beds, and a shitter:D

it's best to do a short 2 day g2g... everybody drives in the day/night before, stay up, build a fire, drink... next morning ride the tail, then you can drive down to fontana dam... have some lunch, then split...

there's basically no cell service (and what you do get is VERY spotty)... and there's NOTHING to do but drive...

that said, i'd be up for a run... we've been trying to set up another one for years... last one was 09, i think... had some guys drive 16 hours up from florida, too...

if you've never been, it should definitely be on your bucket list...

That all sounds awesome man. If anyone wants to help set this up that would be cool. I'm in Afghanistan and don't know precisely when I'll be home or my schedule for when I'll be free when I get back, but would be available from June forward.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back