Taking interest in touring the SRT Plant in Detroit

phunny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine was on the original Viper design team and is now the VP of the plant(I think that's his title but don't quote me). Anyway if you all want I can set up a tour and we can go see where these beauty's come from. And here some pretty crazy stories.
If we get a few guys then we'll hash out the best time.

1. Charlie - Phunny

I would love to go but, it would depend on when. Let's see who all is interested.

kennygene said:
I would love to go but, it would depend on when. Let's see who all is interested.

Yeah, that's why I need the list then we can start hashing out the details. If we get enough people I'll get us a discount on some hotel rooms.

Black1 said:
The trucks came from Mexico... :eek: But, it would be cool to tour a plant at Chrysler. :)

I was just thinking that...and the SRT8s come from Canada........not sure about the 4s.........dang...we driving American or Furin?...:confused: :(

Begood said:
Count me in.

1. Charlie - Phunny
2. Bill - Begood
3. Kenny - kennygene

Bill.

Let's see what we can do.

Owned by Fiat, built in Mexico sounds foreign to me!! Where are our engines assembled??

If you guys do get to go please tell them how bad it pisses us off that they don't forge these engines. It might cost them $200.00 total to do that at OE level. This is supposed to be their premier high performance engine.

Last edited:
FATJACK said:
Owned by Fiat, built in Mexico sounds foreign to me!! Where are our engines assembled??

If you guys do get to go please tell them how bad it pisses us off that they don't forge these engines. It might cost them $200.00 total to do that at OE level. This is supposed to be their premier high performance engine.

All of the engines are hand built in Detroit. I know that alot of the work is subbed out and then assembled in the plant.

-charlie

1. Charlie - Phunny
2. Bill - Begood
3. Joe - unionmanofsteel
4. Pete - 1fast10

I'm thinking some time in the spring. So it'll be nice and shiny for all the pretty trucks :D. Anyone have a month in mind?

1. Charlie - Phunny
2. Bill - Begood
3. Joe - unionmanofsteel
4. Pete - 1fast10
5. Dan - iraqivet01
(Will go and it Depends If I am still in the country)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back