taking out the grille inserts

7O7SRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sup guys, all i want to do is pop out the grille inserts so i can paint it black , so i tried to pop out the little plastic rivet type thingy:dontknow: and the head snaps off :( so I call the stealership and the tell me that they are $5 apeice :eek: there 22 of these rivet things. is the stealership the only place I can get these from???:confused:

i used some small self-tapping screws from lowe's. if you ever need to take the grille out(to touch up) you'll just destroy the plastic rivets again.

by the way not having much luck on painting the oem grills. i did my son's truck.(cleaned,scuffed,painted and cleared) and paint still comes off in spots.

by the way not having much luck on painting the oem grills. i did my son's truck.(cleaned,scuffed,painted and cleared) and paint still comes off in spots.

Hmmm there goes me saving a few $$$

Thanks for quick response!!!

i think the best and least costly route to go is get the ram oem black "honeycomb" inserts. new i think they are just 45.00 or so from one of our vendors----get ahold of patrick at avondale dodge his screen name is dragon.

Last edited:
i think the best and least costly route to go is get the ram oem black "honeycomb" inserts. new i think they are just 45.00 or so from one of our vendors----get ahold of patrick at avondale dodge his screen name is dragon.

OK thanks

Just another lesson in trying to do "lowcost mods"! NOTHING is lowcost on these trux!
:burnout:

YA im not sure what's worse the price of upgrades or gas mileage :burnout:

could probably get it powder coated pretty cheap if you have someone close by that can do it :) figured that's my other option. well that or have eddie do the carbon fiber look on it.

I just received a response back from dragon he said it was $196 shipped :(

and yet another option would be to become a member on a dodge truck forum and swap grilles with someone who wants the chrome look...its' been done,

IMG_0358.jpg

these are the one I have, the stock honeycomb will fade and get ashey looking, seen some guys trucks at work which have did this. thats why I went with powdercoated grills

here ya go bud.... this is JMB performance a vendor here-$66.00
JMB Performance & Powdercoat, LLC

what? no-way, that must be for the complete grill:confused:

and yet another option would be to become a member on a dodge truck forum and swap grilles with someone who wants the chrome look...its' been done,
:D

SANCHOBA you're the man I like the ebay inserts :D
O by the way did I mention that my dogs is name SANCHO

IMG_0358.jpg

these are the one I have, the stock honeycomb will fade and get ashey looking, seen some guys trucks at work which have did this. thats why I went with powdercoated grills

I can't tell if it's plastic or metal... Either way it looks good

I got my honeycomb grilles from JMB Justin.

The plastic clips can be removed if you are very patient and careful. Use a straight O-ring pick and push the centers out of the clips. Watch where they shoot out to as you will need them again to reassemble it.

$5/clip is a deal compared to what they wanted for them up here. I think they were like $18 each.

:D

SANCHOBA you're the man I like the ebay inserts :D
O by the way did I mention that my dogs is name SANCHO

Yep,that's my nickname...given to me in college,have no clue why:D
(the ba at the end is the first two letters of my last name)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back