Talk me out of a boat

Very Freakin Beautiful Baby! Now That Is A Boat. But I have had the big one and sold mine for A new 30ft Safari motorhome and a 22ft Alumaweld sled because when these guys run out of lake I keep going up the river. duhohdoashahahahahahahah!

Rockin Ronnie said:
Very Freakin Beautiful Baby! Now That Is A Boat. But I have had the big one and sold mine for A new 30ft Safari motorhome and a 22ft Alumaweld sled because when these guys run out of lake I keep going up the river. duhohdoashahahahahahahah!
Go to the ocean, you will never run out of water :D :rock:

mmmmtorque said:
Thanks!!!

Boating was a drunk fest for me.....it was great having a boat at Pier 39 in SF....Restaurants, parties, 4th of July, K-Fog-Kaboom, etc, etc....

DCP_0388.jpg

817486_11.jpg

817486_10.jpg

817486_6.jpg

817486_2.jpg

817486_1.jpg

Nice Dingy. :D ;) :rock: :rock: :rock: :p

Kevan, one statment that I think is prudent...

"The two best days of your life are when you BUY a boat, and when you SELL it." ;)

Does Buckeye Lake still allow boats that size? It would be better than Lake "Queerey".... :dontknow: :D

Black1 said:
Nice Dingy. :D ;) :rock: :rock: :rock: :p

Kevan, one statment that I think is prudent...

"The two best days of your life are when you BUY a boat, and when you SELL it." ;)

Does Buckeye Lake still allow boats that size? It would be better than Lake "Queerey".... :dontknow: :D
I'm not sure what the rules are regarding the lakes around here. I'd have to look all that stuff up.

The more reading I do (here and elsewhere), it looks like cash for the Durango is the better option. I'm going to go look at the boat on Sunday with a friend who already owns a 30' sailboat. We'll see what happens.

Awww, crap. I just got a PM from my clutch. This can't be good.....
:D

Mikey sez that boats are ghey...............................lol

Specially considering those preppy nautical yuppy oufits as worn by Judge Smails in Caddy Shack..............More braid on your epulets Captain?

And then there's Gilligan...........Ship Ahoy.....!

Now if that's not sufficient to disuade you, then nothin' is....

SD

Kevan said:
I'm not sure what the rules are regarding the lakes around here. I'd have to look all that stuff up.

The more reading I do (here and elsewhere), it looks like cash for the Durango is the better option. I'm going to go look at the boat on Sunday with a friend who already owns a 30' sailboat. We'll see what happens.

Awww, crap. I just got a PM from my clutch. This can't be good.....
:D

Any Chris-Craft is a good boat... I hear the Cavilier owns up to that rep... Take a look at the boat... If it is as clean as you say it is, it might be a good buy.

Silent D said:
Mikey sez that boats are ghey...............................lol

Specially considering those preppy nautical yuppy oufits as worn by Judge Smails in Caddy Shack..............More braid on your epulets Captain?

And then there's Gilligan...........Ship Ahoy.....!

Now if that's not sufficient to disuade you, then nothin' is....

SD
You forgot the Professor and Mary Ann!!!!!!!!! :eek: ;) :p :D :rock:

Boats...I owned two at one time..a 22ft catalina sailboat kept out at lake travis in austin, and a 25 ft Robalo off shore fishing boat kept down in Port O'Conner TX. THe money I pissed away!! God was I young and stupid!! But loving every freaking minute of it..I have been boatless for about 6 years now and starting to get the itch again now that we live close to the bay..

Sorry I can't talk you into it or out of it, I am going through a simialr delemia myself...

nothing like fishing fresh or saltwater, insurance on a used boat will be cheap they base it on value (at least here in alabama they do) coverage on mine insured for 35,000.00 is only alittle over $500 per year.

kevan after looking at the pictures on that boat, IMHO i would steer clear of that boat. you can do better. that boat need work and nuthin is cheap on a boat.

Kevan said:
Uploaded some pics of the boat. I'll take more on Sunday.

http://www.tremol-no.com/images/woodblock/boat/

Again, it's not factory-fresh, but it doesn't look abused either. After all, it is 19 years old.
Our boat is 20 years old and looks showroom fresh :D

I looked at the pics for this boat and noticed a few things:

The outdrive is about 10 generations old and it appears the whole boat is suffering from a severe case of electrogalvanization. Probably caused by not replacing the zinc anodes. I know Jerry replaces the zincs any time ours is in salt water for over a week.

Does it have a heat exchanger or is it a raw water system? If it is raw water the inside of the engine must look as bad as the outside of the outdrive! :eek:

Check out the brakes real well, looks like the owner doesn't do much maintenance by looking at the rust factor.

So if you like projects and spending lots of money on stuff like that - go for it. But there are alot of boats out there in much better shape. Sell the Durango and keep looking. There is a trailer queen somewhere just waiting for you! :D

Just my opinion. :D

I agree w/ Denise. People are damn-near giving their boats away... Look for a nicer boat. He is going to have to clean that boat for it to sell in this market. :dontknow:

Wifey said:
Our boat is 20 years old and looks showroom fresh :D

I looked at the pics for this boat and noticed a few things:

The outdrive is about 10 generations old and it appears the whole boat is suffering from a severe case of electrogalvanization. Probably caused by not replacing the zinc anodes. I know Jerry replaces the zincs any time ours is in salt water for over a week.

Does it have a heat exchanger or is it a raw water system? If it is raw water the inside of the engine must look as bad as the outside of the outdrive! :eek:

Check out the brakes real well, looks like the owner doesn't do much maintenance by looking at the rust factor.

So if you like projects and spending lots of money on stuff like that - go for it. But there are alot of boats out there in much better shape. Sell the Durango and keep looking. There is a trailer queen somewhere just waiting for you! :D

Just my opinion. :D

no way your going to tow that with a RC! your going to need a 3/4 ton truck for that.

Attachments

• 008 small.jpg
    008 small.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 34
Rockin Ronnie said:
Hahahaha, Your Funny!! My wife and I are avid boaters and I can tell you that it open's up a whole new world. Check out some of our favorite places on the internet we go to Lake Shasta everyyear for Memorial Day for 3 weeks http://www.shastalake.com/ this place is heaven on earth for boaters. Next would definately have to be Priest Lake Idaho For Camping and playing http://www.priestlake.com/bigmap.html this place is awesome for serious relaxing. And of course there is my favorite our home where we live http://www.laketapps.com/index.shtml. I would have to say that boating is the way to go Bro!!!!:rock:

I've been to Lake Shasta every year on Memorial Day for 7 years straight up until 2005. If you saw a black and white Mastercraft X-star on th e lake or tied up to a ghetto looking houseboat with a slide off the back that was me!! Some of the best times I've ever had bro!

your truck will pull the boat ok but trying to launch it may be a difrent story. and then when it comes time to pull it out of the water, boat ramps are steep and always wet. i dont think your truck will be able to pull it out of the water

streetwedg

That's Cool Boom, We'll have to hookup this year. We are staying at Antlers RV Park for 1 Week during memorial day weekend and then down to holiday harbor for 2 weeks after that.

streetwedg said:
your truck will pull the boat ok but trying to launch it may be a difrent story. and then when it comes time to pull it out of the water, boat ramps are steep and always wet. i dont think your truck will be able to pull it out of the water

streetwedg
We have a one ton Ford 4 x 4 (eeewwww sorry :eek: ) that we launch our boat with and we have issues at times with the steep ramps and ours is only a 20' boat that weighs about 3200 lb on the trailer. I agree, don't use your SRT-10!:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back