Tech question: how to separate the rear drive shaft from the carrier ?

hashash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:confused:

trying to separate it but its not moving ! any tips ? thats on a 06 QC

thanks VTCOA

Last edited:
I am not positive on my own truck:dontknow: , but on most 2 piece shafts I've worked on the carrier bearing is pressed onto the shaft? Take this with a grain of salt though. Someone should know though, give em a second.:marchmellow:
Still vibrating like hell?

found the carrier bearing f***d , will change it and rotate 180 degrees and check pinion and see.

or get a 1 piece? someone asked about that a while back don't know if they ever did it or not. don't know if it will work either just throwing ideas out

I ahve been looking and cant find the dang oem pinion angle, maybe someoen with a QC will check theres and see, I got an idea, but dont want to tell ya wrong buddy, but told ya a bfh allways works best:D

Pinion angle

Guess it takes a woman for this :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Pinon Angle.jpg
    Pinon Angle.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 2,263
  • Pinon Angle 001.jpg
    Pinon Angle 001.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 491
  • Pinon Angle 002.jpg
    Pinon Angle 002.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 456
  • DRIVESHAFT CENTER BEARING 001.jpg
    DRIVESHAFT CENTER BEARING 001.jpg
    304.4 KB · Views: 1,816
Last edited:
thanks woman :D :rock:

if you see the manual - it says in the first step separate the shafts from each other - BUT HOW ??:dontknow: :dontknow: :argh:

I talked to my tech and he said to take the clamp on the rubber boot off and it should pull apart.

Also on the vibrating issue: Make sure all the U-joints are lined up along both drive shafts as if they are lined up like +x it will cause a vibration.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back