Tested my Stage II computer

Coach

Reaction score
I couldn't wait to get to the track to test my new computer. It was 97 degrees with a heat index of 108 so I didn't know what to expect. My best from before was a 13.58 this Spring when it was 40 degrees. I ran a 13.57 in this heat. Anybody have any ideas on how many tenths difference the heat made. My 60 ft was a 2.06, my best yet!:D

Coach said:
I couldn't wait to get to the track to test my new computer. It was 97 degrees with a heat index of 108 so I didn't know what to expect. My best from before was a 13.58 this Spring when it was 40 degrees. I ran a 13.57 in this heat. Anybody have any ideas on how many tenths difference the heat made. My 60 ft was a 2.06, my best yet!:D

My guess is that cooler weather would shave 3 maybe 4 full seconds off your time...LOL!!! I'm only teasing, I have no idea, but it does sound like you picked up some performance!

the difference between 40 degrees and 97 degress at Sea level given all other factors are equal would be about 6 tenths, but with the 40 degree temp you loose some traction....

On the 40 degree day most of my passes were in the 13.8-14.2 because all it would do was sit and spin untill I let the gas off. Today it would hardly spin off the line. The shift from 1st to 2nd has a lot more kick to it now! I think the Stage II has given me some better power. I highly recommend it for people that have money left over and are wondering what to do with it.

I would think if you had the Cal-Vu's it wold be worth a few tenth's.....Nice run.....love the stage ll (B) version....it rock's!

If you lose 2 of our 4 cats and get a CAI, you could get a 12.71 at 108.39 in 40Fs weather. Flying Low did.

I got a 12.997 at 106.45 in 40Fs weather with K&N CAI, Magnaflow Catback and Boomers Stage II PCM.

Adding the headers and Hi Flow cat mids got me a 12.978 at 107.55 in 71F.

Last edited:
Coach -

Before and After MPH is a much more accurate way to determine performance increases. ET's can vary in so many different ways you can't really tell.:confused:

Though, I will guess that a nice 40-50 degree day will get you another 3-5 mph more than what you just ran.:D :rock: With cool temps and traction, you could definitley have a low, low 13 second truck as it sits now!

I never ran mine without the flash, but with it I pulled a 13.3 with the temps in the 70's or so if I remember right (which I often don't LOL).

ouch Nowwhat, just .6 tenths. Thought it be a tad more allmost a 1.0 i was guessing. Hes loosing what a good 20 to 40 hp because of the temp outside ? 108 heat index is pretty brutal. its amazing how cars never self ignite and blow up lol. :D

heatsoak is a muther *

Viper7777 said:
ouch Nowwhat, just .6 tenths. Thought it be a tad more allmost a 1.0 i was guessing. Hes loosing what a good 20 to 40 hp because of the temp outside ? 108 heat index is pretty brutal. its amazing how cars never self ignite and blow up lol. :D

heatsoak is a muther *

6 tenths gives him a 13 second truck with just a Flash.....gotta be happy with that.....

Good results considering the brutal heat. What was your MPH now versus before the Flash? I have the Magnaflow exhaust and panel filter on the way, Flash is next! I have a pesky SRT-8 Charger that I would like to give a run for the money! I do not want my folks to have one up on me! LOL

truck charger small.jpg

Last edited:
Not following you around

Get Bit said:
Good results considering the brutal heat. What was your MPH now versus before the Flash? I have the Magnaflow exhaust and panel filter on the way, Flash is next! I have a pesky SRT-8 Charger that I would like to give a run for the money! I do not want my folks to have one up on me! LOL

View attachment 2522

G..B.. I'm really not following your threads around...I'm no stalker, ( just replied to your Tow/Haul question )

I didn't know you were not reflashed......it is the best thing you can have done....Once that was done is when I saw the advantage of the T/H button....

I knew the times wouldn't be the greatest because of the heat, but I just had to try the flash out. My top speed was 102.7. I'll be happy if I can pull a 12.99 off this fall when it cools down again. I really like the new flash!:rock:

Damn, if you guys can pull 12.99 with just a flash I'd love to guess what I could do with a properly running Paxton and good air (at 5900 feet).

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Damn, if you guys can pull 12.99 with just a flash I'd love to guess what I could do with a properly running Paxton and good air (at 5900 feet).

13.01..........:D

Coach said:
I knew the times wouldn't be the greatest because of the heat, but I just had to try the flash out. My top speed was 102.7. I'll be happy if I can pull a 12.99 off this fall when it cools down again. I really like the new flash!:rock:
I think you can expect at least 106mph traps speeds once the cool weather comes back (50's-low 60's anyway), which should be plenty to get you into the 12's, with traction. JMHO.;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back