Texas auto parts salvaging

They require licenses in Texas to do what??? :pcguru:

TexasDepartmentofLicensesandRegulation said:
87.40. Insurance Requirements. (New rule effective January 11, 2010, 35 TexReg 232)

A used automotive parts recycling business may not conduct business or other automotive parts recycling operations in this state unless the licensee maintains a valid general liability insurance policy in an amount not less than $250,000.

87.20. Licensing Requirements--Used Automotive Parts Recycling Business License Required. (New rule effective January 11, 2010, 35 TexReg 232)

(a) A person may not own or operate a used automotive parts recycling business or sell used automotive parts without first obtaining a license under this chapter.

(b) A used automotive parts recycler license is:

(1) valid for one year from the date of issuance;

(2) valid only for the facility listed on the license; and

(3) is not transferable.

I was just looking into making my own salvage yard and found out its not as easy as you would think...

I was just looking into making my own salvage yard and found out its not as easy as you would think...

Right about everything business related requires a license now a day. They don't just hand them out to anyone for obvious reasons, but if you really want one meeting the requirements will be worth it to you. And certainly it will have it's benefits both financially and legally.

I used to know a junkyard man. With what he told me, would not be in my top 1000000 business to have. The regulations just on toxic waste made me cringe!!!!

But that was in Utah, have no idea about Texas

I also knew a guy with a salvage yard. His EPA BS was ridiculous, not to mention his state department of the environment regulations. He sold his lot and opened a scrap recycling place. All indoors and 1/2 the red tape.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back