** TEXAS SRT10s **Truck Shootout! Royal Purple Raceway- Houston April 7th

IRONHEAD WAS ACTUALLY RIGHT ON THE NAIL!

Well, lucky for me I couldn't attend this event due to family reasons and not getting to ready the truck 100%! It ended up just as the last few shootouts and exactly like Ironhead predicted. Beer bottles thrown at people and trucks, 6 or more fights, damage to trucks 45 minute returns to the pits after a pass. General CHAOS!!! So guessing we'll have to throw our own version one day and get the baddest of the bad to actually RACE!

From the times posted I would have done pretty good against a lot of the L crowd and spanked most of the Hemi and Chebby crowd. There are pages and pages of people complaining about the event and how out of control it became. They are guessing close to 8K people at one track with about 1500 trucks and only about 75 racing!!!!:dontknow:

I hate to say i told you so ,BUT i told you so , I heard it was worst than last years mess :dontknow:

SMH it was the worst. Thank god i was in the VIP section and didnt have to deal with that all that ****. Good thing i didnt take my truck either. The staff basically was outnumbered and the PD on scene didnt do ****. They basically got paid to sit and eat, and didnt even care about enforcing the rules.

I really thing this one make a impact on the track and HPT staff. There will be no cruising in the track and all spectator parking will be outside of the track at the circle track to elimnate the cruising and burning out.

I already told them i have a few PCT3 Constables that im sure will be willing to do security at the next shootout that wont put up with none of the crap. Those people were embarrassing to the truck community and i cant even stand that ****. There ae many people that are upset about this shootout so hopefully the HPt staff will take care of this and really get strict for the next event and ENFORCE RULES

You told me so old fart! And I just thought you were afraid to get the CE dirty?:D

after i sat out on road for 2 plus hours last year trying to get in the place ,i knew it was going to be a craphole this year ,,They did not let me down either ,,,;)

wow!! and to think i was actually feeling bad cause i didnt make it, guess things happen for a reason :D

SMH it was the worst. Thank god i was in the VIP section and didnt have to deal with that all that ****. Good thing i didnt take my truck either. The staff basically was outnumbered and the PD on scene didnt do ****. They basically got paid to sit and eat, and didnt even care about enforcing the rules.

I really thing this one make a impact on the track and HPT staff. There will be no cruising in the track and all spectator parking will be outside of the track at the circle track to elimnate the cruising and burning out.

I already told them i have a few PCT3 Constables that im sure will be willing to do security at the next shootout that wont put up with none of the crap. Those people were embarrassing to the truck community and i cant even stand that ****. There ae many people that are upset about this shootout so hopefully the HPt staff will take care of this and really get strict for the next event and ENFORCE RULES

Hey you need to come on up here Sunday, they have the track rented out. Maybe we can finally get lined up for a run

**** i boxed 3 times because of all the drunk assholes

Hey you need to come on up here Sunday, they have the track rented out. Maybe we can finally get lined up for a run

No racing for now until i figure out what causing my transmission to go out. Im back to a stock converter and took the 4000 stall out to be brought back to a 3200. Im dropping diablo and going back to SCT also. I think the diablo TCM canned tune is causing transmission issue to many hemi guys. They also believe such a loose converter isnt help it as it cause clutch overlap which in fact messes up the tranny. So once i fix this issue we will get a run in

No racing for now until i figure out what causing my transmission to go out. Im back to a stock converter and took the 4000 stall out to be brought back to a 3200. Im dropping diablo and going back to SCT also. I think the diablo TCM canned tune is causing transmission issue to many hemi guys. They also believe such a loose converter isnt help it as it cause clutch overlap which in fact messes up the tranny. So once i fix this issue we will get a run in

That sucks man, your truck still has a 545re right?

That sucks man, your truck still has a 545re right?

Yup and will still have it. If it still give me issue im thinking of going back to a 5.7L and enjoy my truck. I really dont care anymore about records or winning. Ill be happy with a fast HEMI and cruising around with a nice truck

This is from ADMIN of HPT

"Cruising is going to stop. Doesn't matter where you're from or what you rep. We're not gonna have it anymore at our events. You want to cruise, do it on the way to the track. Have your fun outside of the track. Wait for the Gtown cruise. While in the HPT event you will park and chill. If you don't like it then simply don't come to the event. Our Goal is to prove to other shows that we can be just as big or bigger than them in an orderly fashion. We want families to feel safe not fear for their safety"

We as event promoters are working hard and taking all this feedback and going to the drawing board on how to keep everyone happy. Plaese just bear with us and with yall help I think we can make this event the biggest in the US.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back