Thank god for the Hennessey advice

This isn't my beef.. However, IMHO I think anyone with an actual ill experience should feel so hostile. Time heals wounds and it's been made clear that an abundant amount of time will be required in this process. The past is the past and sleeping dogs should be left alone. What's the harm in seeing what transpires from here on?:dontknow:

Black1 said:
That is WAY over the top, IMO...... Complaint sent..... :mad:
Lets watch the personal attacks and name calling gentleman. You can get your point across without it.:smokin:

ILtemprd said:
Lets watch the personal attacks and name calling gentleman. You can get your point across without it.:smokin:

10-4 boss. :)

Dave Golder said:
I would assume it is not rocket science but our vendor will not sell us the gear nor tell us exactly what they do. For the same reasons we try to protect our intellectual property they are doing the same and want the revenue from us. If we knew what they did I could get a gear made a save lots of $$. :) We sent them a motor and they did oiling tests and started playing with a front cover and oil pump to see what they could do to increase the volume of oil while still maintaining enough pressure. They accomplished it and we have been very happy with the results. While I am sure we could dissect it and recreate it we have no real need to do that to cut them out of the deal.
thats understandable and fair to both companies. edited: didnt finish reading the thread. thanks for the info.

Last edited:
FSTJACK said:
I have watched this thread progress since it's inception.

There is no legitimate "fix" for the oiling problems over 5500 RPM unless you go to a external pump ie; dry sump or external pump. Both of which are made by Daley Engineering.
jack,

have you tried any of your suggestions you've listed & what were the results ?

I'm sure, like most here, would like to do whatever's reasonable to try & avoid this #3 weakness.... we've seen NA's as well as FI engine's fail..... i'm considering FI, but want to do the most to protect my engine - i can't afford another $20k when #3 genades..... :(

Last edited:
i wonder if anyone has done a count as to witch trucks trash the #3 more ,,,if 1 year seems worst than others is it mostly R/C or automatics and if mostly s/c or turbo setups have cratered more ,,,:confused:

Just a bit of info fellas, the Gen III's dont have that much of an oiling issue problem as more of a detonation problem.

If you study the stock pistons the ring lans are at the very tippy top of the piston.
the least bit of detonation, or too much boostage and the ring lands jsut go bby bye;)

The oiling is a small part of the issue, but, by jsut adjusting the bearing clearance and using grooved bearings, you basically take care of a good part of the problem.

it evidently works, but still , the best thing you can do is instal a set of aftermarket quality pistons and grooved bearings, and go about your biz

other than that, there is nothing you can do , but wait for a boom:D

so take care of it before it happens , or after , your choice.

oh, an for goodness sake, soembody , f'n file this thread in file 13:p

Borden3srt said:
stinker, looks like you need to come up with a rebuild type kit!!!;) ;) ;)

is that going to be your july special?:D :D :D

MMMMAAAANNNNN NOOOO!:p

ya'll guys are waaayyy tooo mean:D

Mopower1958 posted up the absolute best solution, and nobody paid him any attention:confused:

Stinker said:
Just a bit of info fellas, the Gen III's dont have that much of an oiling issue problem as more of a detonation problem.

If you study the stock pistons the ring lans are at the very tippy top of the piston.
the least bit of detonation, or too much boostage and the ring lands jsut go bby bye;)

The oiling is a small part of the issue, but, by jsut adjusting the bearing clearance and using grooved bearings, you basically take care of a good part of the problem.

it evidently works, but still , the best thing you can do is instal a set of aftermarket quality pistons and grooved bearings, and go about your biz

other than that, there is nothing you can do , but wait for a boom:D

so take care of it before it happens , or after , your choice.

:p
my problem with this is that guys with the forged stuff are grenading too....... are they not tuning right or is there more to this oiling problem ??

moparracing said:
my problem with this is that guys with the forged stuff are grenading too....... are they not tuning right or is there more to this oiling problem ??

honestly? alot is in the tuning, mine blew, I am sure it was either tuning or loss of fuel resulting in detonation.

alot of the ones that have blown were under either turbo pressure, Nos, or jsut after a tune.
Not saying anything about the tuners at all, and I am def not a guru of anything, jsut a good listner;) and use alot of common sense.

But if the oiling issue was so bad in all the gen III's wouldnt there be a ton of more engines loosing pistions?

And i may be wrong:p but thinking of all the engines that have been lost, I havent seen or heard anyone come up and say the problem or the cause was from Rod/crank area failure, either the rod itself has broken, or the piston has come apart.
The only one I can think of is Bone, he lost the bearings, but also he was running NOS.

Even Chubby , whom never ever changes oil and beats the hell outta his QC and has 70,000 + miles on his QC hasnt had any problems.

These engines are very finicky to tunes, the rings are at the very top of the piston, and have vertually no support, so the least detonation and it could be a disaster, they just can handle the pressure.
the rods, they are just cheesy, good enough to hold around 700hp then your pushing it, they break, then find the easiest way outta the block.

Disclaimer
I am not an engine builder, someone may come on here and say I am full of BS:D this is just my observations of the engines that have let go, and Kyles is still a mystery, BUT did just leave from getting the truck tuned

Stinker said:
honestly? alot is in the tuning

and that is precisely why i never have and never will do mail order tuning ... not even by the best in the business like Sean Roe, PBJ, or Ed Wright. if i can't get one of the best to tune it in person, on the dyno AND the street, then i'll just do without mods that require tuning.

kcsr said:
and that is precisely why i never have and never will do mail order tuning ... not even by the best in the business like Sean Roe, PBJ, or Ed Wright. if i can't get one of the best to tune it in person, on the dyno AND the street, then i'll just do without mods that require tuning.

and you my man are a bright fella:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back