The real mening of thanksgiving !!

furgy667

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I learned to be really thankful this thanksgiving . My mother went in the hospital last Tuesday. She had been feeling run down for the past couple of months. Blood pressure jumped up and she checked her self in to the ER. Did a heart cath yesterday and found no blockages but there is some scare tissue on her heart and she is in CHF. It was good news in a way because they really thought at the least she would have to have some stints. At the worst bypass surgery . They think she has some genetic defect that cause her heat protein to weaken.

We had planed to go the the family's house today and have the traditional thanksgiving dinner . Had to change plans and stayed home . She is a supper strong women and oppon her request I went out and bought low sodium everything and did the best I could to make us a good Thanksgiving dinner . My mother , my son and me sat down to eat and watch a movie tonight and it was great . kinda of a family tradition to watch movies and eat a good meal . We watched Hancock .

I am just thankful that my mother is getting the help she needs and that she is a strong women and will do what ever it takes to make sure she is here for a long time.

I have learned to enjoy ever moment of life and cherish the ones that you love . All things considered we had a great thanksgiving . I hope you all did as well ..

Brandon

That's one of the most awesome things I've ever read.

All the best to you, your son and yer Mom....

May God bless you all....... and may he grant your Mother a long and happy life....

D

Last edited:
If i had any thing to give to you guys and gals it would be this . Go get checked out . If you have a history of heat problems in you family you are at risk .
My mother started trying to get help 2 months ago . They don't seem to take women serious with heart problems. They sent her ever where but where she need to go. A simple stress test showed that there was a problem. my mother is only 58 , eats good , and exercises regularly. She new there was something wrong . They looked at her and just said no way she has heart problems . Well she did and if they would have caught it 2 months ago she would be in better shape than she is now .

You know you body better than any one . If you feel there is something wrong just keep going to different docs till one listens to you , and get you the help you need.

Case in point , heat disease and high blood pressure runs in my family . I told the docs this and every time they took my blood pressure it was high. They just told me i was nervous and it was not a problem ( I was only 25 at the time ) , so i keep a log of my blood pleasure for a month and took it in to the docs on my next appointment . That made them realize that there was a problem there and I am now on blood pressure medice to help me out .

You don't have to be old and look like death to have a problem . If you doc won't give you help just keep trying till you find one that will . It might just save your life.

Brandon

furgy667 said:
I learned to be really thankful this thanksgiving . My mother went in the hospital last Tuesday. She had been feeling run down for the past couple of months. Blood pressure jumped up and she checked her self in to the ER. Did a heart cath yesterday and found no blockages but there is some scare tissue on her heart and she is in CHF. It was good news in a way because they really thought at the least she would have to have some stints. At the worst bypass surgery . They think she has some genetic defect that cause her heat protein to weaken.

We had planed to go the the family's house today and have the traditional thanksgiving dinner . Had to change plans and stayed home . She is a supper strong women and oppon her request I went out and bought low sodium everything and did the best I could to make us a good Thanksgiving dinner . My mother , my son and me sat down to eat and watch a movie tonight and it was great . kinda of a family tradition to watch movies and eat a good meal . We watched Hancock .

I am just thankful that my mother is getting the help she needs and that she is a strong women and will do what ever it takes to make sure she is here for a long time.

I have learned to enjoy ever moment of life and cherish the ones that you love . All things considered we had a great thanksgiving . I hope you all did as well ..

Brandon

That's a great Thanksgiving Brandon...:rock: Thanks for sharing. Gods speed to your Mom.

Great post !

We all have SOMETHING to give thanks for

I am thankful for living in a free country.Yes,it has it's difficulties,but there is no other nation like it !

I am thankful for owning my home and being debt-free.

I am thankful for having a good,secure job.

I am thankful for having the vtcoa family and all the great people that I have met and those that I hope to meet.

I could go on and on..............:D

I used to be poor and on welfare and living in really-cheap-rent houses,and even then,it could have always been worse (like no house,no food,no help)

I am a long ways from being well-off now,but I am thankful to be where I am.

The point is,there is always SOMETHING to be thankful for :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back