The Sound... This is what I want... (Exhaust)

VA VIPERAM said:
I don't think there are many out there yet for the Vipers. It wouldn't rule out mmmtorques cam at all. It would probably work quite well with a blower or NOS. To be 100% optimized though, blower cams, turbo cams, and NOS cams are all slightly different. The biggest difference between a blower cam and a turbo cam is that you can't go as wild on the exhaust timing on the turbo cam or you will burn off the turbin fins.
I had a cam custom ground for my GMC about 12 years ago from Lazer Cams in Memphis,TN. When you decide on what other mods you will do, give them a call (901-795-6000) and see if they can grind a viper cam. Tell them all of your truck specs and how you plan to use it, and they should be able to provide your perfect cam!

I'll probably end up doing NOS first and then adding the paxton after I've got some cash built up again, so in that case it seems that cam might be for me. Having something custom made sounds like it'd cost more than its worth when theres available things out there though. Especially when I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be going all out on the engine on my QC... if ever theres a day where I'm in the money I'll get a RC and do it then.

spoil the fun

Don't want to spoil the fun of this discussion for y'all and I agree if you want to change the sound (anybody who calls it noise should be beaten!:secruity: )
of the truck the most obvious place you should start is at the source of the sound = engine = valve timing = cam.
Wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to exchange the exhaust pipes?
Engine stays intact (minor increased back pressure maybe) and you can play
with the mufflers as much as you'd like.... no ?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back