The Stealership

10-1=9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After the shop that installed my motor could not fix my AC I did research on my own. By posting & reading countless threads on this and other sites. Came to the conclusion I will need a factory scanner & a good tech that can USE it. After contacting one of our members VPRPWRD & speaking to him, he agreed that's what the next step is. He offered to have me come in on his lunch brake & he would hook up the Star Scan tool for free to try & help a brother out. Took him up on this but the tool would not communicate with my ECM. After thanking him I gave my shop another shot. The Snap On tool they had logged right on so I know my ECM was not cooked. I text VPRPWRD on sat to see if the dealer he works for could help me. He logged onto his work computer and gave me an appointment right on the spot. I made the 60 mile round-trip to his store because I couldn't trust any dealers in my area. On the way to my appointment guess what happens? The AC starts working perfectly! That figures with my luck. After discussing this with him I went for breakfast. Now I'm ready to go home any guess what? No AC! So back to the dealer I go. Even though I now missed my appointment he worked me into his schedule. They also found a loose motor mount & They fixed it right away. Now the AC is working again so I decide to call it a day again. As the tech was pulling the truck out it stopped working again. He ran some more tests to determine it was a cutout switch after all. They did not have the part in stock but located one in my area. Picked it up at that dealer on my way home. Just put the switch in myself this morning and everything works great! For all that labor (about 2hours) the bill was under $200. Hay everybody got to eat & pay bills. The DODGE boys defiantly got the job done. On the way home I thought to myself, should've taken the 10 in sooner! If you don't trust a shop or dealer don't take your truck there. Thanks to VPRPWRD & his team now I'm chilling haha

I've had very little luck having things fixed locally. On the other hand, I've had awesome experiences with the VTCoA helping me out.

Nice to hear and yes Andy rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always good to hear when one has a good experience and when someone takes the time to write it down and thank them for the help.

Don't you normally refer to it as a stealership after having a negative experience? Or maybe I've just been doing it wrong all these years.

Don't you normally refer to it as a stealership after having a negative experience? Or maybe I've just been doing it wrong all these years.

That's what i'm thinking as well. :dontknow:

I figured it would grab everybody's attention to read it. Did it work?
How does that saying go? Make 10 people happy & they will tell 1. Piss 1 person off & they will tell 10!

I really appreciate you posting your experience. I appreciate the kind words from everyone else too!

I really appreciate you posting your experience. I appreciate the kind words from everyone else too!

Oh, we didn't actually mean those things about you. It's just hard to convey sarcasm via writing :D

glad u got info and help.

i'm still waithing for info or help on my poly bushings question at another thread.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back