the strike has come

uhhh is this an April fools joke? Like Haha gotcha?? My girl is an operations manager for a decent size trucking company... so I will be able to let you know if their drivers did it or not ;)

honestly it will probably be mostly owner operators sadly, but they even had a bit on it on the news tonight and on satalite radidio

Stinker said:
honestly it will probably be mostly owner operators sadly, but they even had a bit on it on the news tonight and on satalite radidio

I'll join you all...I'll take the day off and won't drive my Cummins...:D...I am not kiddin...

I understand the need to make a statement about the high costs, but I hope no one uses this as a reason for violence. Too many times in the past striking works have thought they could do what ever they wanted to do, and that it would be forgotten once the strike is over.
Tony, I wish you and all the other drivers the best of luck with this.

Bill.

I've driven a truck for 24 years LTL mostly. We need not only the big rigs to sit but also everyone else, while this will be hard to do for some no one should buy petroleum products on Tuesday (gas, diesel, or oil) while this is a big issue for Truckers in the end picture it hurts everyone proud member local 878

Last edited:
pissant#420 said:
I've driven a truck for 24 years LTL mostly. We need not only the big rigs to sit but also everyone else, while this will be hard to do for some no one should buy petroleum products on Tuesday (gas, diesel, or oil) while this is a big issue for Truckers in the end picture it hurts everyone proud member local 878

thank you good sir:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

killer idea:rock:

sorry to hear this, tony...... i can't believe how much diesel has gone up....... it's ~ $0.40 higher than premium here in Wa state..... wow. :(

Last edited:
it in the end affects everyone:(

I personally dont think a strick will do any good, only if it went long term , even then it may not solve anything, who knows:dontknow:

And no offense to anyone here, but 12 years ago I ran for $1.50 a mile and fuel was $2 cheaper,,, 12 years later, still running for only $1.50 a mile
and they compensate whit a fuel surcharge that fluctuates.

Now ;how many of you want to start working today for $20 an hour, and 10 years from now you still make $20 and hour , but hey I will give you and extra 10% this week and maybe next month it will be extra 50% but well its christmass we got to drop you to $18 and hour..................................

All I know is there is GOOD freight (10,000LBS, no stops, NO TOUCH, 445 miles) for $2.40/mile PLUS $0.45/mile Fuel Surcharge....... ;) Been that way for 4 years now. ...... :dontknow: You just have to know where to find it. :rock: :D

If you are making $1.50/mile.... well, SHAME ON YOU! :eek: I'm sure you have to block and strap/bar it too. :rolleyes: I don't get some drivers. :dontknow: If the load is bullshit, then why haul it? :confused: :bebored:

I think some folks like to sit home and BITCH about things, instead of going out and trying to make a living. (not directed at ANYONE here, especially Tony. He worked with Landstar for a while, and I KNOW he's a good worker! :rock: ) But, DAMN.... Some drivers just like to BITCH! :dontknow: They have their truck PAID FOR, and still bitch when they don't pull $4500/month profit? :confused: :dontknow:

Last edited:
I asked a friend about this today who works for a Kenworth dealership. ( parts dept). Anyway he said he has not heard anything about this. But what he did tell me is that California wants all diesels to be smog equipted by 2010. No trucks on the road older than a 04 and if it is, it must have a 04 or newer engine in it with Catalitic converters. So I asked him what about trucks traveling into California? He said that they will not be let in. He also stated that the converters run between 5-10k just for the part. He said it will never happen but this is what Californis is trying to do.

noid said:
I asked a friend about this today who works for a Kenworth dealership. ( parts dept). Anyway he said he has not heard anything about this. But what he did tell me is that California wants all diesels to be smog equipted by 2010. No trucks on the road older than a 04 and if it is, it must have a 04 or newer engine in it with Catalitic converters. So I asked him what about trucks traveling into California? He said that they will not be let in. He also stated that the converters run between 5-10k just for the part. He said it will never happen but this is what Californis is trying to do.

If you saw the rigs that travel in and out of the LA harbor you would understand why. I really feel bad for all the truck drivers esp the owner/op's. Truck driving used to be a respectable job with a decent income.

Good Luck Tony...hang in there bud...:eek:
here is some "food for thought"...

All these examples do NOT imply that gasoline is cheap; it just
illustrates how outrageous some prices are....

You will be really shocked by the last one!
(At least, I was...)Compared with Gasoline......
Think a gallon of gas is expensive?

This makes one think, and also puts things in perspective.

Diet Snapple 16 oz $1.29 ... $10.32 per gallon

Lipton Ice Tea 16 oz $1.19 ..........$9.52 per gallon

Gatorade 20 oz $1.59 ..... $10.17 per gallon

Ocean Spray 16 oz $1.25 ......... $10.00 per gallon

Brake Fluid 12 oz $3.15 ...... $33.60 per gallon

Vick's Nyquil 6 oz $8.35 ... $178.13 per gallon

Pepto Bismol 4 oz $3.85 .. $123.20 per gallon

Whiteout 7 oz $1.39 ....... . $25.42 per gallon

Scope 1.5 oz $0.99 .....$84.48 per gallon

And this is the REAL KICKER...

Evian water 9 oz $1.49..$21.19 per gallon! $21.19 for WATER and the buyers
don't even know the source (Evian spelled backwards is Naive.)

Ever wonder why printers are so cheap?

So they have you hooked for the ink. Someone calculated the cost of the ink at...............(you won't believe it....but it is true........) $5,200 a gal. (five thousand two hundred dollars)

So, the next time you're at the pump,be glad your car doesn't run on
water, Scope, or Whiteout, Pepto Bismol, Nyquil or God forbid, Printer
Ink!

Just a little "humor" to help ease the pain of your next trip to the pump...

i have no problem when people go on strike, but dont inconvenience others to do it......causing a traffic slowdown and affecting people getting on time to work and other appointments is a bunch of BS

My girl said things were smooth in Dallas today, but Chicago, Savannah, and Atlanta where missing some drivers... guess the drivers that showed will have fatter paychecks. I appreciate what truckers do, but strikes work becuase they are very organized... a few people here an there will not stop the freight.

our fuel surcharge changes every monday based on the national average, the way fuel has been rising here lately we never fully get it all back. what stinker says is true, if everyone didnt buy gas for one day the oil companies would feel it. california is a joke they want these rigs to put out cleaner air than they are taking in. no idle laws. these guys live in the trucks having to wait 6 to 10 hours for a couple of pallets. the power packs are 10 grand and they burn more fuel per hour than the new engines. these converters are already having trouble. cat is having trouble passing 2010 emission laws and may not continue to make truck engines. what they dont tell you is that by making the trucks burn cleaner they hurt the fuel mileage so we burn more fuel. ive yet to understand that. your not gonna get the big companies to shut down for a day, they just cant afford it in this economy. i consider us a small company with a 70 truck fleet. folks like schneider and jb hunt wont shut em all down. they are so close to being broke now they would probably fold. they deal with volume hauling cheap ass freight which keep the rates down.

Hey stinker have you bein listinign to serius satalite .. BUBBA is having his FTE's " truckers" the bubba army do a " march so to speak" on exon mobiles headquarters ... trying to get 5k trucks to go to dalas and gridlock the city ... in a month or 2... you gonna participate in that one?? tell your trucker buddies to go to btls.com or listen to 101 on serius for detalis..

Stinker said:
so in the end, you end up payin ALOT more for clothes, food an other goods, while making the same wage you made a few years ago;)

HELL STINK,I AM POORER NOW THAN I WAS 10YR AGO.:mad:

Back