These notorius OIL leaks

err76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the oil lines in these things are bad, Where in reference to the engine do they normally start showing up? I found a drip about midline'ish. Engine is too damn hot to get under at the moment and Ill be too drunk later to crawl under.

Thanks

OOh Yeah, if it is the lines, how hard to change?

Thanks again.

yep. the OEM is a POS. mine actually ripped on me. that was a mess

get Stinker's lines

not hard to change. can be a bit messy.

ZCx said:
yep. the OEM is a POS. mine actually ripped on me. that was a mess

get Stinker's lines

not hard to change. can be a bit messy.
Gonna track it down tomorrow morning and see right where it is comming from. Truck is due for an oil change this week anyway so that will be the best time I guess.

err76 said:
Gonna track it down tomorrow morning and see right where it is comming from. Truck is due for an oil change this week anyway so that will be the best time I guess.

oil change would be the best time for sure:rock:

look at the 4 crimps on the lines. usually the first place

then at the fittins, block & cooler, is the next place

leakin oil lines have left oil that looks like the oil pan leaking, the rear main, jsut all sorts, it seems to float the oil all over the underside

Yeppers, Its those piece of crap oem lines. Tony im gonna need a set, I saw on your website there are 2 sets, which ones?

the life time ones are the best & might be the only ones he sells now.

they are the good teflon stainless steel ones

Cool beans, guess Ill be getting those. Tony Ill be giving you guys a call tomorrow.

OOh yeah, one last thing, And dont laugh too hard but where is the dam filter at?

Same side as the oil lines, go forward a bit more from below

yessir, the lifetimes are the best, and I think I do have a set left, I gotta order more monday, we also have the viper oil filters for about $11 or so , but they are not on the site as yet, if needed just let me kno

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
yessir, the lifetimes are the best, and I think I do have a set left, I gotta order more monday, we also have the viper oil filters for about $11 or so , but they are not on the site as yet, if needed just let me kno
Im gonna order it off the site tomorrow, Enjoy your day off =-)

Might as well get the power steering line as well. Uses the same BS quick connect fitting at the pump.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back