Think this will buff out?

he was probablly running NOS and was porbabally squirelly at the get go and he wouldn't let off (seen a few times during Nos street shootouts)window traction control works great on our trucks doesn't break loose and instant slingback into seat when you hit 3rd, or seen it happen once steering linkage snapped and the rest is history literally. Was the guy allright?

Ouch...That's gonna be expensive...To bad very nice car...:(

May have lost a tire... :dontknow:

But I think a little polishing compound will take care of that! :D

davo19 said:
maybe something broke, maybe hit some oil on the track... who knows...

Yeah cause I don't see how the driver would take such a sudden hard right like that..

are there any insurance companies that would cover an accident on a track?(drag strip or road course) either way that SUCKS!!!! they should've gotten an ACR with those sticky pilot sport cup tires:rock:

Venom Power said:
Yeah cause I don't see how the driver would take such a sudden hard right like that..

A hard 1-2 shift or 2-3 shift will sometimes shock the rear suspension enough to get sideways, couple this with cooler temps and possibly cold tires it is possible with any RWD vehicle making 450+ for the driver to have his hands full in this situation. This is where the driver-mod helps but sometimes it is just your time to learn the hard way.

Ask me how I know.:slug:

Could've snapped a half-shaft.

Maybe he just started spinning?:dontknow:

Last year I ran my Viper and as I shifted into third and got back on the gas it started spinning - at ~75mph!:eek:

I definitely did some driving that day as the ass end kicked out to the left real quick!

It can also happen if you drift off of the center of the track. The center will be much more sticky, so if you slowing drift to the right, the left side tire will get more traction that the right, causing the hard right turn you just saw.

Bill.

Hard right turns like that usually only happen for a few reasons:

1. Oil or coolant under right tire. (been there, nearly scratched the paint!)
2. breakage of axle/shaft
3. track issues at that point (at Topeka nats one year, water was coming up through large cracks in the track surface, caused a small dragster to turn right, hit wall, crumple into a small ball and excrement was emitted from driver;) , he limped away with minor injuries.:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back