Thinking about getting rid of the truck...

BlackViperRam04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CALM DOWN!! If get rid of it I will be getting a Viper. I know there are quite a few of you guys who either own both or have traded your truck in on a Viper. For those of you who got rid of your truck for the car do you have any regrets? The reason that I am thinking about it is because I LOVE VIPERS. I bought the truck because I couldn't afford a Viper at the time but now I can.

BlackViperRam04 said:
For those of you who got rid of your truck for the car do you have any regrets?
The truck was fun but, No.

Other than the fact I wish I could've kept both.:dontknow:

The other possibility is keeping the truck and sending it to Justin to have him work his turbo magic.:dontknow: DESCISIONS, DESCISIONS!! Sometimes I wish that it didn't have this disease (horsepower/fast car discease, like pretty much everybody here has). It would definately be a lot easier...but then what the hell would I do? What do people who only have normal cars and don't care about horsepower do? I guess we'll never know.:rock:

I never had a RC to drive around alot. but by my personal taste... Viper > SRT10

I have been asked several times if I miss my truck. Each time I can honestly say NO. My truck was my baby when I owned it but the Viper with the S/C and all the other mods keeps me from missing the truck. I see the truck as a stepping stone to what I have always wanted deep down inside. I would never have let the truck go for anything else (other than a Viper) and it was definitely the right call for me. :rock:

I as well can agree that if I had to let go of the truck it would be for the Viper...I also wanted one but cant afford it. However the truck is very practical for me, I drive it daily and its also nice for trips over to vegas and all around california.

Other than engines they are two totally different beasts. I like the fact that my hot rod truck can haul some stuff...............later today I going to pick up a new lawn mower, I couldnt do that in a Viper car. If I had the garage space I would own two hot rods...........the other one would be a new Challenger!!

In the end, you need to define what you want from your hot rod.

patrick

Personally if I was going to buy a 2 seat sports car I would get a late model Z06...I have driven several Vipers and 1 Z06 and found the Z06 more refined while still being crazy fast..not saying I wouldnt have the Viper...JMHO though..

On the other hand I have the truck because it is different...it has the power (as modded) to embarass both the Vette and Viper...I have never passed myself on the road...lots and lots of Vettes here and a few Vipers but I have yet to see another RC SRT10 around here.

The SRT10 is so unique that most people dont even know they exist (havent ya heard "does that thing have a Hemi?"....I love saying "nope" with a smile..:D ..)....and the SRT10 is getting rarer since no more are being produced...

TNVIPER said:
..I have never passed myself on the road...lots and lots of Vettes here and a few Vipers but I have yet to see another RC SRT10 around here.

The SRT10 is so unique that most people dont even know they exist (havent ya heard "does that thing have a Hemi?"....I love saying "nope" with a smile..:D ..)....and the SRT10 is getting rarer since no more are being produced...

Thats for sure............we have always been unique and low in numbers.

patrick

TNVIPER said:
On the other hand I have the truck because it is different...it has the power (as modded) to embarass both the Vette and Viper...
I hate to break it to you but you will not embarrass a Z06 or a Viper with your truck. Roe, Paxton or NO2 you are going to be fast enough to embarrass them. Not trying to flame you, it's just a fact.

There are only probably only 2 or 3 trucks on this board that are fast enough to embarrass one of those cars and then only if the car is in stock form.

Just keeping it real. :eek:

ViperTruck2933 said:
I hate to break it to you but you will not embarrass a Z06 or a Viper with your truck. Roe, Paxton or NO2 you are not in the same ET class as either of those 2 cars. Not trying to flame you, it's just a fact.

There are only probably only 2 or 3 trucks on this board that are fast enough to embarrass one of those cars and then only if the car is in stock form.

I didnt say "beat"....you dont have to be faster to embarrass another car....I know a guy with a built 03 Mustang Cobra...he ran against an SRT8 Jeep that had been stroked...he told me he looked over at the Jeep and laughed as he thought "I wont see you for long"....When they crossed the 1/8 mile he was wondering why the Jeep was still next to him....he beat the Jeep by about 7 lengths at the 1/4 mile but he had new found respect and awe for the SRT8s.........;)

ViperTruck2933 said:
I hate to break it to you but you will not embarrass a Z06 or a Viper with your truck. Roe, Paxton or NO2 you are going to be fast enough to embarrass them. Not trying to flame you, it's just a fact.

Red beat a zo6 when he was running just a paxton with a mild tune. it was a close race. just hanging with a zo6 in a TRUCK would be enough to embarrass a driver, i know if i was in a zo6 and a big pig hung with me till 100mph i would not have my head held high :D

Voodoo said:
Red beat a zo6 when he was running just a paxton with a mild tune. it was a close race. just hanging with a zo6 in a TRUCK would be enough to embarrass a driver, i know if i was in a zo6 and a big pig hung with me till 100mph i would not have my head held high :D

A paxton with a mild tune to "hang" with a Z06!

bang for the buck would be a C5 Z06 right now, there are plenty of heavily modded ones for low $30's. But a Viper is king!!!!

Hehe, Wasn't trying to start a flame war here, lol. :p

I guess my terminology is a little different than everyone elses. :confused:
"Embarrassing" someone is killing them IMO. I don't think hanging within 6 or 7 lengths of another car (behind them) is embarrassing them. :eek:

There is currently 1 truck on this board with a slip posted in the 10s. To me, that truck would embarrass alot of Z06s or Vipers. None of the others that are running 11s and slower would be embarrassing them IMO.

I'm not saying that 11s aren't fast for a truck, just not embarrassingly fast, lol.

Sorry, that's just the way I see it. :D :D :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back