thinking about gibson headers input anyone ???

''500hp''

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi guys i was thinking about buying a set of gibson shorties for my qc i am not planing on doing the catless mids thing so i was wondering if they do anything for hp? do they lower temps? has anyone had any promblems withem if so let me know btw the only mod i have now is a bg tune

I had them on my truck and the only problem I had was the ceramic coating was not that great. My truck sat a lot (24,000 miles in 4 years)and rust started coming through the coating. Performance wise not that much difference, a PCM modification and no cats was the biggest gain.

I had them on my truck too. same comment about the coating and rust. i bought mine used so for me it was a great mod. to do it over again i would go with the belanger longtubes. they sound the best and seem to give the most gains.

I'm going to get Bassani's when the time comes. I don't expect much as far as HP gains from them and neither should you with the Gibsons, but your truck will sound more agressive and your engine bay will look like a treasure chest ;) The guys who went Bassani seem happy with the mod, especially with the ease of install compared to most other headers out there...and I haven't heard of a common rust issue with those like I'm seeing here with the Gibson's.

I have Gibson's on my truck, but I also did a rear cat delete so its hard to tell if I gained. It feels alot stronger now though.

I also have the Gibsons, I had them put on before anyone else made them for our trucks. Dyno showed about 12 hp gain. Mine are not coated, And i did have some heat issues.

I have the Gibsons and just took them off because the Jet-Hot coating was coming off, they are going to get re-coated today. I also noticed rust coming through the coating as well.

As far as gains I could not tell you. Never put it on a Dyno. Did however really help with resonance and makes the truck sound alot better.

I am really debating getting a set of the Bassanis not that I see these posts with the rust.

Any body else have anything to add on the Gibsons?

JRSVIPR said:
I also have the Gibsons, I had them put on before anyone else made them for our trucks. Dyno showed about 12 hp gain. Mine are not coated, And i did have some heat issues.

Ditto

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back