Thinking About Heading to the Track...

USMC11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Gents. So I'm thinkin about trying my truck out at the track.

Wanted to get some advice from you guys. Ill probably be running street tires. Might be able to get some drag radials from someone for a pass or two.

The main concern is launch and tire PSI. What PSI do you suggest on street tires or DR's? What RPM do you guys launch at? I'm thinkin about 3000-3500 and feather it....

Most guys say about 22 lbs in the street tires, I use between 16.5 and 17 lbs in my M&H Drag Radials. I feel that more like 2000-2500 with street tires is more like it. A slight bog will be better than spinning all the way through 1st gear. It will depend on the track and it will take lots of practice. Slipping the clutch will wear it out really fast, bad idea.

Trainman said:
Most guys say about 22 lbs in the street tires, I use between 16.5 and 17 lbs in my M&H Drag Radials. I feel that more like 2000-2500 with street tires is more like it. A slight bog will be better than spinning all the way through 1st gear. It will depend on the track and it will take lots of practice. Slipping the clutch will wear it out really fast, bad idea.

...:rock: :rock:

I ran a 13.06 with Nitto 420's at 23psi, and I launched at about 3000-3500. Again though, I had alot of tread on my tires... maybe that saved me.

launching

yea launching at about 3000ish but at only half throddle until the wheels catch up then SQUEEZE the throddle to the floor!! takes a bit of practice but works pretty good!:burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back