thinking about my next mod

Dave T(BADVENM)

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, if the blower flash fixes my current problem, what can I do to improve what I already have? I was thinking about something like a larger heat exchanger. For now, I'll have all the power I can handle and I dont want to put any more pressure on the internals with increasing my horsepower numbers. I figure the heat exchanger would be good as well as Boomers new shifter.

Just trying to think about ways to keep the intercooler temperatures down without water/methanol injection in between my occasional drag racing runs to optimize the power as much as possible. I've seen a few of you guys with larger heat exchangers, how much difference have you noted/documented between the Paxton stock and your modifides? Is it as simple as disconnecting the heat exchanger lines and re-connecting them to the upgraded one?

Just thinking out loud.

Something that doesnt require a tune on a dyno since there isnt anyone close to me I can depend on. Who knows, maybe I'll send the truck to DC once I find a bit more money for some very simple "enhancements" to what I already have. Cant afford to blow the motor up again...for a very long time.

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
So, if the blower flash fixes my current problem, what can I do to improve what I already have? I was thinking about something like a larger heat exchanger. For now, I'll have all the power I can handle and I dont want to put any more pressure on the internals with increasing my horsepower numbers. I figure the heat exchanger would be good as well as Boomers new shifter.

Just trying to think about ways to keep the intercooler temperatures down without water/methanol injection in between my occasional drag racing runs to optimize the power as much as possible. I've seen a few of you guys with larger heat exchangers, how much difference have you noted/documented between the Paxton stock and your modifides? Is it as simple as disconnecting the heat exchanger lines and re-connecting them to the upgraded one?

Just thinking out loud.
Our heat exchanger keeps temps 20-40 degrees cooler, as it has 140% more capacity AND ITS A DOUBLE PASS. that means the water is forced thru the core back and forth, so it cant recirculate hot water.
let me know, we have 2 left we can ship!

Water/meth....

you do not have to tune for it....you keep the same hp but...

1) you don't have heat soak so ...your hp doesn't go down
2) great insurance against.....boom....

Boomer, how easy is it to install? Pardon my ignorance as I should know some of this but what does the heat exchanger keep 20-40 degrees cooler? Whats the function of the intercooler and the heat exchanger. I'm sorta confused on the function of each. Can you PM me the price of the heat exchanger? I may get the shifter and heat exchanger once I see how much its gonna run me.

my heat exchanger from BOOMER came in today and it took me about 20 min to install real simple...looks a thousand times better than the crappy paxton one..:D

What is the price? Do you remove the factory plastic pieces that focus the incoming air into the radiator?

Dave T(BADVENM) said:
Boomer, how easy is it to install? Pardon my ignorance as I should know some of this but what does the heat exchanger keep 20-40 degrees cooler? Whats the function of the intercooler and the heat exchanger. I'm sorta confused on the function of each. Can you PM me the price of the heat exchanger? I may get the shifter and heat exchanger once I see how much its gonna run me.
when i build them, i put brackets that utilize the bolts that hold the ac condensor down. you just remove the lines that went to the old cooler you had. fill the charge cooler carfully and burp the air out. the heat exchanger we suply is like a bigger "radiator" for your sc. the hot air coming from the sc is cooled by it blowing thru 2 small radiators that water circulationg thru it. that water is caried down to the heat exchanger and its physical size , and it design allow it to cool the water faster and keep the temps down, which is what lowers you air charge for more dense cooler air to make more power

Thanks Boomer. Once I can document my improved times with the flash from Dan that is the route I'll go...your Gen IV shifter and heat exchanger. I want to compare apples to apples with the flash before moving on. I went to your website to look for pricing info for the heat exchanger but didnt see anything.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back