Thinking about trading for a hemi...

Frosty05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that title made you look didn't it?

But yeah, i might be changing jobs which means I'd have to give up the company car.
Might trade my harley for a used hemi 4x4 for a winter driver. Looking at 2 trucks, one is a 2005 rumble bee 4x4 with 99k for 13.9k, other is a 2004 hemi 4x4 with 110k for 10k. Both RC's.
Any thoughts or pro's and cons between the two? Should be pretty much the same right?

Last edited:
Yeah that title made you look didn't it?

But yeah, i might be changing jobs which means I'd have to give up the company car.
Might trade my harley for a used hemi 4x4 for a winter driver. Looking at 2 trucks, one is a 2005 rumble bee 4x4 with 90k for 13.9k, other is a 2004 hemi 4x4 with 110k for 10k. Both RC's.
Any thoughts or pro's and cons between the two? Should be pretty much the same right?

Rumble bee by a landslide Chris. RUMBLE BEE...

Definitely like the bee better between the two. Idk if i like it 4000 dollars better though.
Anything to look for issues wise?

Did somebody say Hemi 4x4?

media_1126d1806c10c5f7a216011b6ba6e58f.jpg

You should be able to find something with lower miles than that around those prices. Hell, maybe even a Daytona, another Bee or a GTX to add some bonus.

Did somebody say Hemi 4x4?

media_1126d1806c10c5f7a216011b6ba6e58f.jpg

You should be able to find something with lower miles than that around those prices. Hell, maybe even a Daytona, another Bee or a GTX to add some bonus.

Im still looking. Nothing is set in stone until they present an offer.

Issues wise, they're similar. Look for all the basics at all the joints (CV, Ball, U etc)

Hemi's do have a tick to them, or at least some. Your target should be an 05. The 03 had valve spring issues, a separate TCM and lack tuning abilities. 04's are an upgrade but 05 offers you the most tuning wise. The 3.92s all have an LSD which is prone to having the C Clips come lose and jam into the gears. I avoided this by tossing in 4.56s, because fuck it.

Check the steering. The racks tend to die and leak. The pumps will go too. I've gone through 3 racks and 3 pumps because I'm a glutton for punishment.

Other than stuff I have caused because of 37s, a 12" lift and abuse, nothing has broken on it's own accord. These are great trucks.

I went with a simple Long Horn 4x4

Issues wise, they're similar. Look for all the basics at all the joints (CV, Ball, U etc)

Hemi's do have a tick to them, or at least some. Your target should be an 05. The 03 had valve spring issues, a separate TCM and lack tuning abilities. 04's are an upgrade but 05 offers you the most tuning wise. The 3.92s all have an LSD which is prone to having the C Clips come lose and jam into the gears. I avoided this by tossing in 4.56s, because fuck it.

Check the steering. The racks tend to die and leak. The pumps will go too. I've gone through 3 racks and 3 pumps because I'm a glutton for punishment.

Other than stuff I have caused because of 37s, a 12" lift and abuse, nothing has broken on it's own accord. These are great trucks.

Awesome! Thanks man! Ive owned a 2002 4.7, a 2004 hemi quad, and the srt, but only had the hemi for about a year so i still don't know squat about them. You probably saved me a week of searching forums lol

I went with a simple Long Horn 4x4

Right on Jeff! I've been hooked on the 2002 1/2-2005 body since i bought my 4.7 in '02...seriously it's a sickness. Did i mention one of the reasons i took my current job was because they offered me a ram 4x4 as a company vehicle?

Also i just bought the wife a Cherokee limited last june, so I'm trying to minimize on the monthly payments if i need to buy a 3rd vehicle.

The only person that pays $4,000 extra for a Rumble Bee over a regular plain old Hemi truck is someone who is dreaming their Rumble Bee is a 10! Save yourself the extra money.

Awesome! Thanks man! Ive owned a 2002 4.7, a 2004 hemi quad, and the srt, but only had the hemi for about a year so i still don't know squat about them. You probably saved me a week of searching forums lol

No problem man. I'll scrounge up a little more info when I get back to the states, things are just a little hectic here getting ready to leave.

I've had mine since I was 15 and built it from stock to what she is now, I've just picked it up along the years and a few forums.

edit: and also: this

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back