Thinking about trading in my z06

sprite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about trading in my z06 on a Viper coupe. I mean these things can be had brand new for around 79k. I really want a yellow one with silver stripes. Thing is I was thinking of getting rid of the z06 in the spring possibly trading it in on a Murcielago. Is it a dumb move to trade it in for the Viper now as the z06 may/might hold its value much better? I really need a change of scenery.

I am planning on getting a Murci but not yet. I want to wait till I'm done with school here and move to Atlanta and find a place that has a nice secure garage (next spring/summer) :p

You and I get tired of vehicle purchases in similar fashion. The Viper coupes can be had at a good price. I saw Woodhouse has a yellow/black stripe coupe on their webpage. The car def needs the Moton or lowering kit for the rear. They look badass when the height is right. My 2nd favorite color combo is the bumblebee colors of the gen II GTS'.

I just talked to the guy my friend just bought a Charger SRT-8 for. They got a Yellow w/Black stripes in the showroom. My first choice was Yellow w/Silver Stripes but I'll go check it out. If he is willing to deal I could be trading in my z06 on one today.

For me, the ZO6 is the one car that I'd consider trading my truck for. Kinda waiting for prices to drop off though. I check Autotrader and see Used 06's for as much as 85K - asking price. Don't they sticker in the 70-72K range generally?:confused:

Biggest problem is I'm not sure if I want the ZO6 because I really, really like the new Vette, or I simply want a brutally fast car?

For now, I'll stick w/ what I've got.

I don't think I would get rid of a new Z06 for a new Viper. I would drive that for a couple of years until they come out with a new package for the Viper. That Z06 is a badass car.

Blakewilder said:
is yours the 500+horsepower one Sprite?

Yup he's got the 500hp one! If you get the Viper, you should copy what your doing to your truck and make the Viper a TT as well.

Performance wise the z06 is a superior car to the Viper, but I really like the Viper looks and I'm itching for a car change right now. I'll go down there and test drive it and take it from there.

sprite said:
Performance wise the z06 is a superior car to the Viper, but I really like the Viper looks and I'm itching for a car change right now. I'll go down there and test drive it and take it from there.
I'll trade you straight up for a 92 Lexus, couldn't get much more of a change than that. I'll even throw in the screwdriver that you need to get the windows down.

OOOHHHH MAN... A Z06...... MMMMMMMM......... I HAVE A RED 93 3000 GT LOL... BUT I CAN PAINT IT YELLOW W/ SILVER STRIPES IF U WANT TO....... WHAT DO U THINK?????? J/K....
Z06 FAST CAR.... :rock:

VIPER FAST CAR, BETTER PERSONALITY.....:rock:

LAMBO... FAST CAR ,BETTER PERSONALITY THAN THE OTHER 2, NICE COLORS, BADASS CAR , ETC. ETC. ETC.:rock: :rock: :rock: AND YOU WON'T SEE YOUR SELF COMING AND GOING..... AT LEAST HERE IN NC.

I went and took the Viper for a spin. It is definitely a nice car. I was ready to make a deal but the dealership wasn't :p

The z06 has it beat in most areas, but the things I really like about the Vipers are the looks, sound and seats. It is slower than the z06 and the interior is much worse. I also missed the HUD. I am still considering getting a Viper but think I might just make the jump straight to a Lambo.

The best the dealership would offer me was 5k under MSRP and 60k on the z06 lol when other dealerships are selling them 10k under with no trade.

Gallardo is like 150k for a used one. MY friend just bought one http://www.allgil.com/gallardo/

Personally I think they are awesome car. The more I sit here and reflect upon it the less the Viper really impressed me. I think the Gallardo holds its value pretty decent too.

Back