thinking about trading the truck...

biff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
need advice!

I found a Jeep SRT8 locally and been toying with the idea of trading my truck (srt-10) and montero for the Jeep...

thoughts & opinions?
these:
P1010891copy.jpg

34782df2.png

for this:
F00923D6-8ECE-4D6D-BAD5-34C8DC8DE35C_4.jpg

Jeep is nice and fast, depends on difference on trade. Is it straight across or money involved? All wheel drive and 425 horse and a lot more room. should be just as fast as the truck.

Jeep is nice and fast, depends on difference on trade. Is it straight across or money involved? All wheel drive and 425 horse and a lot more room. should be just as fast as the truck.
we haven't talked the numbers too much, but I got to think both the truck and the monty should get me close to even... I think...

trade it.........it's too much truck for you to handle.:p

hahaha :aetsch:

no dispute about that.
I am just thinking in terms of 'practicality' (which sux! I hate getting older).

hate that word practical along with sensible and frugal (none of which i have according to my wife:D)

I love the truck but would trade for the Jeep for the right price.....The Jeep is every bit as quick as an RC and can be a 12 second vehicle for half of what it costs to make the truck a 12 seconder............doesnt attract the attention the truck does but will make mouths fly open when it whups a Mustang GT or C6 Vette at the track......;)

it seems like you already have a great choice, the Ram for fun and the Montero for a DD.
The Jeep is great but gets the same or worse mileage than the Ram, you may want to wait for the 2012 SRT Jeep it will get the 6.4L and the interior is swanky!

it seems like you already have a great choice, the Ram for fun and the Montero for a DD.
The Jeep is great but gets the same or worse mileage than the Ram, you may want to wait for the 2012 SRT Jeep it will get the 6.4L and the interior is swanky!

hmmmmm.... so many decisions to make.

I love the truck but would trade for the Jeep for the right price.....The Jeep is every bit as quick as an RC and can be a 12 second vehicle for half of what it costs to make the truck a 12 seconder............doesnt attract the attention the truck does but will make mouths fly open when it whups a Mustang GT or C6 Vette at the track......;)

yup very tru, I know a guy with a srt jeep, charger and few knick knacks best time of 11.2

Those few knick knacks better include an upgraded driveline, front TC, tranny etc.
Otherwise he'll need them PDQ!

Those few knick knacks better include an upgraded driveline, front TC, tranny etc.
Otherwise he'll need them PDQ!

Let me see here, ummm nope nope nope nope and nope.

Been on there for month's and been to the track countless times never a problem yet.

mods are supercharger, tune, exhaust, few other small things, staggerd tires.

9pound pulley for last run at track.

everyday pulley is 8

I think your STR-10 is alot better looking then that SRT-8. But that's just me.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back