thinking about

z-man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
blowing up my rc truck.

I have had many problems since March and todays problem has me fed up.

The recap: shifter broke in February, slave cylinder went out in March and I upgraded the clutch, flywheel and the master/slave cylinder along with putting in a X-Metal Gen IV shifter.

Which brings us to today. While driving around casually and on four different occassions today while sitting at a light i couldn't get the truck in first gear i would have to leave in second gear.

In the meantime the other gears would be sticky. Then it would clear up and be nice and smooth and then I can't get it into first then it would go in first at the next light.

my upgraded parts have 1200 miles on them and I don't know what it is.:dontknow:

Any input would helpful, I just don't know.:confused: :confused:

Almost sounds like you're having problems with the slave cylinder again. If it's shifting fine going down the road, but doesn't at a stop, the slave cylinder is not holding pressure.:dontknow:

Didn't '04s have similar problems when the fluid in the lines started to overheat? If yours is an 04, have you shielded/re-routed the clutch lines from the exhaust? Or maybe the new slave just wasn't bled properly?

RatMotor said:
Didn't '04s have similar problems when the fluid in the lines started to overheat? If yours is an 04, have you shielded/re-routed the clutch lines from the exhaust? Or maybe the new slave just wasn't bled properly?

while these are things we are looking at i am hoping it is a simple as bleeding the system and shielding the lines.

i was also having an overheating problem the other day and today when i started the truck i was hearing a squeak or chirp like a bearing is going out similar to what an alternator or water pump makes when it is about to go out.

i had the chraging system cecked 3 weeks ago so i dont think it is the alternator.

if it is the water pump then that would explain the unusual high temperature every now and then.

my truck has only 14,000 miles so this is odd unless it is chalked up to being 3 years old

had_to_have_it said:
while these are things we are looking at i am hoping it is a simple as bleeding the system and shielding the lines.

i was also having an overheating problem the other day and today when i started the truck i was hearing a squeak or chirp like a bearing is going out similar to what an alternator or water pump makes when it is about to go out.

i had the chraging system cecked 3 weeks ago so i dont think it is the alternator.

if it is the water pump then that would explain the unusual high temperature every now and then.

my truck has only 14,000 miles so this is odd unless it is chalked up to being 3 years old

Dude, i hate to say this but i think you got one of the 'crappy' ones from factory..
I've driven my 05 almost everyday and the only problem i got is an exhaust
leak(i think) i just need to tighten the clamps and stuff... I'm sendin some
of my luck your way..:rock: :rock: :burnout:

Sharpi

Over 16K on original clutch no problems. Sorry your running into this. I'll try to send you some luck too but I'll need it back when mine starts acting up. Others have reported similar symptoms and traced it to hydraulic problems. Either air in or heat affecting the clutch hydraulic line. Good luck.

All excellent responses......

I had horrible issues before I did the clutch hydraulics upgrade and shielded lines......

Did you go to dot4 fluid...?

Django

Had to have it looks like you have normal problems to me.

maybe a tad outta normal.

but on the clutch , check your clutch line, make sure it isnt close to the exhaust, even if it isnt use shielding, you can get cloth spark plug shields from autozone in a two pak, slip them over the line and zip tie in the area of the exhaust.
second get some Motul 600 brake fluid, great break down temps with this fluid, completly run it thru the entire system a couple times to be sure it is fully flushed.

also do change the fluid or at least check the fluid in the tranny, go to mobile or some kind of synthetic, also make sure it is full, and check the tranny mount also while there,

now on the chirp, check out the dampner bolt first to see if its loose.

then you might want to flush the coolant system or at least check the thermostate.

hope this helps

The power steering pump might be giving you problems. Had to have mine changed. One of the symptom was while maneuvering into a parking space the power steering would go away. I would have to rev the engine a little in order to turn the steering wheel. If your experiencing anything like that, it may not be turning your fan fast enough to keep things cool. As Stinker suggested, check the crank bolt. Make sure the balancer is not spinning on the crank. It is not keyed. It's only a pressure fit. Again, good luck.

Sharpimage said:
Dude, i hate to say this but i think you got one of the 'crappy' ones from factory..
I've driven my 05 almost everyday and the only problem i got is an exhaust
leak(i think) i just need to tighten the clamps and stuff... I'm sendin some
of my luck your way..:rock: :rock: :burnout:

Sharpi

this truck was an absolute blast to drive, til my warranty expired.

all problems have occurred since the warranty expired. it is strange how it has happened one after the other.

slave cylinder, the unusually high temperature that has only happened twice and now the problem gettting into first. all since march.

i had a similar problem with it getting into fifth when the slave cylinder was going south but i have the viper upgrade and centerforce clutch and fidanza flywheel.

this just started yesterday after about 1200 miles on the new parts.

i am very appreciative of all the responses and i now i have a place to start looking. i will let all of you know what it is in the end.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back