Thinking bout undoing the drop kit...

sapientiam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe its cause i live in backwoods ky. But i can't even ride to town, with out my truck bottoming out. Other day, went around a curve (fast), hit a bump, and heard an aweful scraping/grinding sound like my wheel was rubbing against something.

My question is, how often does everybody that has dropped their truck bottom out? Even on the interstates/highways around here, it will bottom out, and its not gentle. I do'nt think i've drove the truck since i had it lowered where it did not do that, im afraid im going to break something.

So how hard is it to reverse the kit, i took it to boomers to have them put it on, but figured i could probably undo it on my own.

I believe its a 2/4 drop. I have about an inch between the tires and the outter lip of the wheel well.

Any advice/information is greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Michael

Gary makes a higher drop kit , why dont you put 1 inch front springs and raise the rear using the adjustable rear shackles ?

hashash said:
Gary makes a higher drop kit , why dont you put 1 inch front springs and raise the rear using the adjustable rear shackles ?

That sounds like the way to go... 1/2 drop. If you put it back to stock height you may not like the look or feel anymore than you like the scraping noises. Looks like Kentucky will have to be dubbed the "bottoming out" state.:dontknow:

My 1"/2" is fine for normal street usage. Rear bottoms on bump stops and occasionally I'll get a front tire to rub slightly but by then the bump stop prevents any further contact. I know I could never live with a 2"/4" drop on my RC on a daily basis.

I think 2/4 is too much drop, that might be your problem. Mine dropped a real 1/2 measured with a tape measure and I have no problems.

Bill.

So how do i tell if i have bump stops?

And i'll need to buy new springs to raise the front end up an inch?

Also how do i adjust the rear shackles?

I have the 1/2 drop and have had no problems other than the left rear tire slightly rubbing the wheel well (I added the inner lining) when I make a right turn up a hill...

sapientiam said:
So how do i tell if i have bump stops?

And i'll need to buy new springs to raise the front end up an inch?

Also how do i adjust the rear shackles?

contact Gary

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back