Thinking of Getting rid of the 10

iraqivet01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking hard about trading my Black RC 2004 SRT 10 in on a 09 Challenger.

Girl friend hate it, and I Wrecked my daily driver, and have settled with the insurance company. I was going to keep it, but something decide to just down size before I take off for my next deployment.

After sitting in one of the Hemi orange R/T Challengers, I was pretty much hooked.

Bought it new in February 2005, It has no Mods, and the only thing done to it was an oil change. It presently has 5,200 miles.

Still smells new on the inside. never left outside, always in a garage.

First 25,000 can come get it.

also have an extra set of stock SRT 10 wheels and tires to sell if the price is right.

If it don't sell here by the end of the month, then to David Stanley Dodge will have one up for sell in OKC.

Stop
Slap yourself
harder !!
slap girlfriend !
Now go to confession and get absolution for having evil thoughts
Say daily " I will NOT sell my truck"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hate to see you get rid of the 10.....I almost traded for an SRT Chally after driving both a 6 spd & auto.....but after I got back in the 10 and drove a few miles I knew I would miss it terribly.....I will get a Chally but gonna wait on a used one in a yr or 2 and keep the truck..

TNVIPER said:
Hate to see you get rid of the 10.....I almost traded for an SRT Chally after driving both a 6 spd & auto.....but after I got back in the 10 and drove a few miles I knew I would miss it terribly.....I will get a Chally but gonna wait on a used one in a yr or 2 and keep the truck..

See,there is a great plan !!:congrats:

One of the dodge dealers around here only wanted to give me 17k for a trade.. mine has only 6600 miles.. I ran away.

Keep it and buy a challenger too, they can hang with each other when you go away again.:dontknow:

bclark05 said:
Keep it and buy a challenger too, they can hang with each other when you go away again.:dontknow:

After slapping myself, (not my girlfriend mind you), and some deep thoughts, I will most like do just keep it, and wait for a good use one to come along.

I'll just bank the money they give me for the Nissan, and put it in a "Challenger saving account". I figure by the time I get back, I'll have enough to put a decent down payment on one.

I guess it that new car smell that does something to you.

iraqivet01 said:
After slapping myself, (not my girlfriend mind you), and some deep thoughts, I will most like do just keep it, and wait for a good use one to come along.

I'll just bank the money they give me for the Nissan, and put it in a "Challenger saving account". I figure by the time I get back, I'll have enough to put a decent down payment on one.

That "new car smell" can be intoxicating.....you will be much happier keeping the truck and buying the Chally later....I am sure they will be plenty since they arent selling right now.....:rock:

iraqivet01 said:
Thinking hard about trading my Black RC 2004 SRT 10 in on a 09 Challenger.

Girl friend hate it, and I Wrecked my daily driver, and have settled with the insurance company. I was going to keep it, but something decide to just down size before I take off for my next deployment.

After sitting in one of the Hemi orange R/T Challengers, I was pretty much hooked.

Bought it new in February 2005, It has no Mods, and the only thing done to it was an oil change. It presently has 5,200 miles.

Still smells new on the inside. never left outside, always in a garage.

First 25,000 can come get it.

also have an extra set of stock SRT 10 wheels and tires to sell if the price is right.

If it don't sell here by the end of the month, then to David Stanley Dodge will have one up for sell in OKC.

Please think about it.........I have a 09 Challenger R/T, 08 Viper, 05 SRT Ram , between the 3 if money became a problem i will keep the truck by all means. I really like the F-250 too.

iraqivet01 said:

That sounds like good judgement.:rock: :D

If the economy gets any worse,they will be cheaper all the time
and a good used one will save you a enough to do LOTS of mods.
I waited two years for a cheap SRT -10 to come along and saved
myself over $20,000 from what I had originally priced a new one at.:rock:

Couldn't do it. I would be interested if and when they throw the Viper engine in.
Something about a truck with this much mustard that is far more exciting to me than a fast car. These trucks are truly one of a kind and even a mighty Challenger will be seen in the near future almost as frequently as the Mustangs that Gram and Gramps are driving these days. If I could afford another vehicle the Challenger is what I would want....until I am that rich this beast is staying at home with me

HOT RAM said:
That sounds like good judgement.:rock: :D

If the economy gets any worse,they will be cheaper all the time
and a good used one will save you a enough to do LOTS of mods.
I waited two years for a cheap SRT -10 to come along and saved
myself over $20,000 from what I had originally priced a new one at.:rock:

I wish I would know what I do now. I bought the SRT new off the floor, and even though it didn't put me in debt, I could have saved a bunch by purchasing one from one of the members here that appreciated and took care of it.

The way the challengers are selling, they will drop in price, and if Dodge don't go under, there will be more out there to chose from. Only time will tell ....

Well,if I knew they would get as cheap as they are NOW,I would have waited a few more years,but then again,if I had waited this long to get one,
I would have missed meeting a LOT of awesome people !

I can't put a price on the great times I have had and the wonderful folks I have met.

Challengers are really nice,but I am pretty much strictly a pickup guy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back