This Forum and the troubles

Django said:
I've been a bit busy this morning and (unfortunately ) have just now seen this... Sorry.

Very well said and felt, Walt........

It'd be a shame to lose the family or any of it's members... and we all have our favorites. But more importantly, it'd be a damn shame for any of us to consider ourselves (or our opinions) to be more important or more valid than those of the opposition.... because (IMO) therein lies the problem. We convince ourselves that what we feel and think is the absolute truth..... (and while my penchant for rhetoric seems to belie that fact, it is still worth serious consideration)

If I disagree with Roy about Hillary (and no one is a greater detractor of her's than me) it doesn't lessen my love for Roy. He is a thoughtful and intelligent man whose dedication to reason is unquestionable. OK, so I don't know what would make someone of his quality want to back Hillary. But does the frustration I feel in my lack of that understanding result in attacks against him?

Shit, no..................

If I truly desire to unravel this mystery, it will be done (not by) belittling him with asinine abuse, but by reasonable discussion regarding the whys and wherefores of his position or opinion.... This is what resonable people do.... (duh) they reason together.... (hell, it's even a Biblical principle)..

So, even if we're dumbstruck by the words or precepts that proceed from the mouths of others, our first course of action should not be REaction, but reason. It is only by a complete understanding of the true hearts of others that we discover the reasoning (if any) that is contained therein....

I once had a very hostile relationship with one of this forum's members..... Yet, somehow the reason and the love superceded that...... I submit this photo to those who may believe that resolution is impossible..... Because love conquers all...

God bless us.... everyone....

D

I remember when that picture was taken. As you walked off together I also remember you grabbing each others ass, and commenting how firm it was.

That was a visual that will stay with me the rest of my live. Still not sure I have recovered from that one. ;) :D

Silverback said:
I remember when that picture was taken. As you walked off together I also remember you grabbing each others ass, and commenting how firm it was.

That was a visual that will stay with me the rest of my live. Still not sure I have recovered from that one. ;) :D

It's a moment that I (will) treasure always......... No fkn horsehit, John.....

Finally meeting you was a real honor as well........... werd.:eek:

tadp

Django said:
I've been a bit busy this morning and (unfortunately ) have just now seen this... Sorry.

Very well said and felt, Walt........

It'd be a shame to lose the family or any of it's members... and we all have our favorites. But more importantly, it'd be a damn shame for any of us to consider ourselves (or our opinions) to be more important or more valid than those of the opposition.... because (IMO) therein lies the problem. We convince ourselves that what we feel and think is the absolute truth..... (and while my penchant for rhetoric seems to belie that fact, it is still worth serious consideration)

If I disagree with Roy about Hillary (and no one is a greater detractor of her's than me) it doesn't lessen my love for Roy. He is a thoughtful and intelligent man whose dedication to reason is unquestionable. OK, so I don't know what would make someone of his quality want to back Hillary. But does the frustration I feel in my lack of that understanding result in attacks against him?

Shit, no..................

If I truly desire to unravel this mystery, it will be done (not by) belittling him with asinine abuse, but by reasonable discussion regarding the whys and wherefores of his position or opinion.... This is what resonable people do.... (duh) they reason together.... (hell, it's even a Biblical principle)..

So, even if we're dumbstruck by the words or precepts that proceed from the mouths of others, our first course of action should not be REaction, but reason. It is only by a complete understanding of the true hearts of others that we discover the reasoning (if any) that is contained therein....

I once had a very hostile relationship with one of this forum's members..... Yet, somehow the reason and the love superceded that...... I submit this photo to those who may believe that resolution is impossible..... Because love conquers all...

God bless us.... everyone....

D

Great Picture D.......hope we can have some more of that with those who feel leaving is the only way..:(

K-80-123 said:
Great Picture D.......hope we can have some more of that with those who feel leaving is the only way..:(

While I can understand the frustration which drives them to leave, I can't see that it is either valiant, noble or productive..... Hell, if Tony Sawyer and I can coexist and offer goodwill in times of need, anything is possible.

It's fine to step back for awhile in order to gain perspective.... see the big picture. But walking away never to return is struthious (like an ostrich) and perhaps even a bit cowardly....(sorry)

D

Yes, the GTG pics will and can remind us that we are family....

I look at them often

I just hope the ones left behind will see this, and know they are STILL, and ALWAYS WILL BE family here... :( Come back fellas.... Krazy Kris, Shawn, Izzy, Mikey... We (I :dontknow: ) miss you all sooo much. :(

One thing to remember too is online personalities can be very different than the real person. Going to the GTG's only solidifies there are great people on here. It is very hard to know someone by what they are reading, than to meet them in person.

This place has a big heart and acts just like a family to boot. There are ups and there are downs. Blood is thicker than water.

Good thread, and great post Walt. :rock:

I still read most everything too but post little now. Just don't feel it's my place to be very vocal here now since I am no longer a truck owner. But at the same time I just can't stop peeking in to see what's going on. :D :D :D

ViperTruck2933 said:
Good thread, and great post Walt. :rock:

I still read most everything too but post little now. Just don't feel it's my place to be very vocal here now since I am no longer a truck owner. But at the same time I just can't stop peeking in to see what's going on. :D :D :D

I've always appreciated your contribution's, Tim..... (as well as your name)

And I know what you mean about being truckless. But I just can't keep quiet... I have chronic opinionitis.;)

D

Great post Walt, I have found myself posting less than I used to. Part of that is work, and part of it is the hostlity posted in a few threads. I know that my beliefs are in the minority and I have said some things I shouldn't have, but I am drawn to the group as most of you are like a family,even though our views differ.

UUUMMM... WTF did I miss???:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Some of these threads are bringing me down. I think one big group hug is in order!!!:tee: :cheers: :beer: :party: :shakehands: :shakehands: :shakehands: :shakehands: :shakehands: :shakehands:

To all the old VTCOA farts from a NOOB...
a true VTCOA hug!!!----->:thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger::rock: :D I like it here.

Great post,
My faith is being restored!!!:)

:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats::congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Very well stated Walt.................

I had the pleasure of spending several hours last night with mmmtorque, (Charles) as he is on island to marry his lovily GF this week. We were part of the original few that started the nfff. We had never met before, but spent 3 hours laughing, drinking and having a great time. This was possible because of the special family atmosphere this site and the nfff (in the beginning) has created.

Buying a scooter for Fastjack...........unreal.......that shit doesnt happen.

I hope people will think before they post and realize, its the internet, its a truck, its all for fun....

Whomever has left, I hope they return when the negative vibes go away.

This is a special place............I hope it stays that way.

patrick

Very well said Walt......:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

We are truly a familly....

Stefan....

A lot has been said around here lately, some very good, some not so good. However we must remember we all come here because its fun and entertaining, plus we are friends.
We should all lighten up some, we are not all going to share the same opinion, and no ones opinion is more important than someone elses. There are many opinions I don't agree with, that doesn't mean I'm going bash or belittle the person the states that opinion.
In the words of Sgt.Hulka "Lighten up Frances"!

Besides look at the bright side, you still got me!:D :D :D

Bill.

Begood said:
A lot has been said around here lately, some very good, some not so good. However we must remember we all come here because its fun and entertaining, plus we are friends.
We should all lighten up some, we are not all going to share the same opinion, and no ones opinion is more important than someone elses. There are many opinions I don't agree with, that doesn't mean I'm going bash or belittle the person the states that opinion.
In the words of Sgt.Hulka "Lighten up Frances"!

Besides look at the bright side, you still got me!:D :D :D

Bill.

I agree Bill

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back