this HAS to be a scam

This was the response I got when asking where the truck was. If someones in CA would be a killer deal. Still seems to fishy to me.

The car is already at the shipping company in San Diego, CA ready for shipping.
Please note that I have a contract with eBay so this transaction must go through eBay Vehicle Protection Program.
I'm very busy with my job and I'm out of country (i am in The Navy Medical Service Corps , deployed in Afghanistan now ) so I can't meet you in person ,
this is the reason why I chose to sell my car on the Internet. According to eBay you have 5 days after you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
Here is how it will work:
1.First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
2. After I receive the details from you I will forward them to eBay.
3. eBay will process your/my info and will send us both invoices. You will receive the invoice with the details on how to make a refundable payment.
4. eBay will contact me and I will work/finalize the shippinig transaction. After you receive the car you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the car. If you decide to keep the car, only then will ebay send me the money .
5. If you decide that you do not want to keep the car eBay will refund your payment and I will contact the shipping company to pick up my car from your address . If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed.
I look forward to hearing from you .

As of 9/17 I traded emails with the same Catherine M Neal <[email protected]> and couldn't bring myself to pursue this BS any further. My last email out was:

No thanks... there are too many red flags with your 'story' preventing me from taking a leap of faith. Take care and thank you for your service to this country if you really are in the Navy Medical Service Corps.
Dan

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back