this is BADASS!!!!!

We are looking into buying a system like this for our R&D department. The complete system like jay has is around $60,000.00.

black pearl said:
We are looking into buying a system like this for our R&D department. The complete system like jay has is around $60,000.00.

so if i traded my truck in on one of those it would cost me about 70 k??? hahaha, just kidding :D :D :D more like 59k :( :( :(

Awesome unit....

I'm calling those guys tomorrow to tell them how badly they need me for sales....

They're up in Santa Monica....

Thanks, Kev....

D

I've seen that on Star Trek. It's called a replicator. It'll make you lunch or a hot cup of coffee too.

Neat stuff.

That is amazing technology!

Cast in place assembled! - fkn awesome!

SilvrSRT10 said:
I've seen that on Star Trek. It's called a replicator. It'll make you lunch or a hot cup of coffee too.

Neat stuff.
LOL

This would bring photo copying your ass to whole other level.:D

Stereolithography is some neat shit.

I have been involved in using it for over 12 years. In the last year I have had over 300 models made to check out if things would fit prior to sending it out for programming and cutting of chips.

My first use what with lost wax castings. We made Stereo models that are then dipped in ceramic materal. They are then put in a furnace where the ceramic cures and the model burns out. We then cast Titanium parts from the molds.

They now have machines that work with sintered metal so you actually get a metal part. Depending on what the requirements of the parts is, they can be used directly.

couldn't they just use the original part to create the new cast iron part? I'm just not sure what this can be used for aside from pvc penis replication :D Now that would sell!!!

King Kong said:
couldn't they just use the original part to create the new cast iron part? I'm just not sure what this can be used for aside from pvc penis replication :D Now that would sell!!!
It's my understanding that they can scan an item and then take those measurement to a CNC machine to make a new part. They were just showing off with the parts printer part. Not a necessary step in this instance. But it was cool.

that is pretty cool..software about 5 k for top of the line..scanner can do a 10"x13" piece acurate to .015"..Printer is about 30k...
You could scan something in sections and stitch sections together to get a larger part..import into CAD/CAM, and cnc it all..They also have a 3d personal printer for 14k...would be neat for small parts..When you can scan a full size SRT and get a full size model in plastic out of it, thats when I will buy one..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back