This is EXTREMELY unfortunate...

KRAZYSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081222/ap_on_re_us/recruiter_suicides

I read this article and felt like I needed to get the word out. For our Service men and women and for everyone else...

Please, if you are feeling down and don't know what else to do, PLEASE...PLEASE ask for help. Talk to somebody, anybody. Don't just keep it inside and let it fester.

If you are a Combat Veteran and need to get something off of your chest and want to talk to somebody that will listen talk to your Supervisor or a Chaplain. PLEASE!!!

Thank you for your time. Keep the shiny side up!;)

That should NEVER happen - they should be commended for their jobs not have to keep a quota and operate under that kind of stress. That just plain SUCKS:mad: God bless his family and may he rest in peace ....

I actually asked Jack last time we spoke on the phone if I could start a thread dedicated to current service members and veterans. Dealing with things that I have suffered from for many years and I know Roy has mentioned it as well...I get flashbacks and some pretty messed up dreams from what I did and seen while in the service. Ultimately I decided against it because I don't have the writing skills to temper my writings to be acceptable to the masses here and people that visit the site. I am way to graphic I think..But I also think such a thread would be very therapeutic in value to our service allumni...I still kick the idea around in my head but just don't act on it...Maybe if you guys backed me on this I would do it.....Many thoughts have haunted me........

Anyway I have posted many times the neglect that our returning vet's suffer. 1/3 will be homeless, the other 2/3 receive less then adequate medical attention..Our nation broke the promise to our vertrens...I get all worked up on issues related to Vet's and I make no apologies for it.....It's a shame the way we let them down after we use them....This needs to change..This pisses me off to no end....:mad:

It's a sad commentary on our country that there are men and women that can't get someone to listen to them as they cry out for help. Military personnel and spouses should be trained to spot service members that are having trouble. And help should be there whenever it is requested, it's the least we owe these people.

OCBob said:
It's a sad commentary on our country that there are men and women that can't get someone to listen to them as they cry out for help. Military personnel and spouses should be trained to spot service members that are having trouble. And help should be there whenever it is requested, it's the least we owe these people.
I started a group in Washington Bobby....I started at my local VFW and I even had Norm Dicks one of the chairmen to the armed services commitee attend a couple meetings....I have never openly brought this up before either...One guy was a MOH winner from WWII and the man would make me cry everytime our paths crossed....A true hero neglected for years Bro...At least I got to help him and I was honored...

Very commendable :rock: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :rock:

Our veterans should never need or want for anything once they come home. It is beyond me how they have to suffer for medical attention and a home to live in like they do. Some really need medical attention and therapy and they are treated worse than dogs on the street. It pisses me off really bad when I hear about it

Bless our Veterans!!! They are heroes

OCBob said:

We do get classes/training on it quite often. All chaplains as well as commanders through out the chain of command have open door policies. I don't know what else can be done... in some cases, it's unavoidable. We had a guy take his own life shortly after my unit got back from Iraq. His squad leader was 10-15 minutes too late

Is it possible to make this a sticky??? I would also like to say this to those that are not Military Veterans, but, feel that they only have one way out.

It is not worth it...everybody is important to me and I would be very sad to see this happen to anybody. :(

I suffered through this as a youngster when someone VERY dear to me attempted to take their own life. I still think about it from time to time. And I think about those I love (which is all of you) and I would be devastated to hear this happen to any of you.

(BTW...according to the military, the Holiday season is the time when there are the fewest suicide incidents...but that doesn't mean that somebody isn't thinking about it.:()

KRAZYSRT10 said:
Is it possible to make this a sticky??? I would also like to say this to those that are not Military Veterans, but, feel that they only have one way out.

It is not worth it...everybody is important to me and I would be very sad to see this happen to anybody. :(

I suffered through this as a youngster when someone VERY dear to me attempted to take their own life. I still think about it from time to time. And I think about those I love (which is all of you) and I would be devastated to hear this happen to any of you.

(BTW...according to the military, the Holiday season is the time when there are the fewest suicide incidents...but that doesn't mean that somebody isn't thinking about it.:()
A Guy at work was telling me that Christmas is the time of year where the most suicides occur.:dontknow:

GADodgetech said:
A Guy at work was telling me that Christmas is the time of year where the most suicides occur.:dontknow:

No expert here.... but it could be different for the military considering Christmas (for a lot of us) is the only time we actually get to go home and see our families:dontknow:

GADodgetech said:

Like Lovethistruck said, I'm no expert. But the Chaplain was talking to us about it at Safety Standdown and he said that in general fewer people try to take their lives during the holiday period. He also said it is a common misconception that people think that the holiday season is when these would occur. :dontknow:

He said people probably think that because of "Its a wonderful life"....;)

But aside from this....the main point is if you need to talk....do it.

GADodgetech said:

You have no idea....we have dealt with plenty this season, and tomorrow will certainly bring more. Had a 17 year old hanging from shoestrings, found when his dad hit the garage door opener... multiple overdoses, and jumpers from the skyway bridge.http://www.jumperpool.com/home.htm
Such a hopeless alternative... damn shame.

NBT said:
You have no idea....we have dealt with plenty this season, and tomorrow will certainly bring more. Had a 17 year old hanging from shoestrings, found when his dad hit the garage door opener... multiple overdoses, and jumpers from the skyway bridge.http://www.jumperpool.com/home.htm
Such a hopeless alternative... damn shame.
Very much so.......

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back