This is odd about the percetion we have on the aerodynamics of our trucks ????

VIPR PWR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: "Our theme was to add muscle, not flash," said Trevor M. Creed, Senior Vice President-Design, Chrysler Group. "To cope with the performance of the Ram SRT-10, we spent a lot of time in the Chrysler Group's wind tunnel. That is why you see a deep front fascia with a splitter and a subtle rear wing. In fact, the lift values for this vehicle are that of a sports car, not a truck.
"The fact that the Ram SRT-10 bears a close resemblance to our NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series entry is not just a coincidence," said Dan Knott, Director-Street and Racing Technology (SRT). "The same aerodynamicist who worked on our NASCAR entries handled the aerodynamics for the Ram SRT-10. The challenges posed by racing are the same we experienced with the Ram SRT-10; speeds in excess of 150 mph, cooling for the brakes and engine, and the need to create front and rear downforce.

Full Link to Info....http://www.motortrend.com/auto_news/112_news_040205_dodge/index.html

aerodynamics of a brick :D

Thats our Perception ----But aren't they trying to say that the trucks are aerodynamic ?????? Strange!

All SRT vehicles bodys were designed to be functional (wings, front facia, air dams, etc). Other vehicles like the Daytona truck wings are just for looks..

TNVIPER said:
All SRT vehicles bodys were designed to be functional (wings, front facia, air dams, etc). Other vehicles like the Daytona truck wings are just for looks..

tru tru that, yes daytona wing is just for looks, went 130 in the truck and wont do that again. rearend felt like it was lifting up and wanting to swing out :( :( :( :( :(

I bet the drag co-efficient of our trucks are more than a .22!! they may be more aero than a standard truck, but they have a larger aero-cross section than just about any car.

i don't think they were trying to make it less drag i think they were more worried about making it stable at higher speeds, might be more drag than a normal ram because of the down force the wing and front bumper make

there has been alot of debate about the need for the stock wing in the past, i've run my truck with & w/o - it's much more stable & pushed lower to the ground @ speed with the stock wing on. :)

Hatedonmostly said:
tru tru that, yes daytona wing is just for looks, went 130 in the truck and wont do that again. rearend felt like it was lifting up and wanting to swing out :( :( :( :( :(

That must have just been the power cause mine at the Texas Motor Speedway did just fine and wasn't flopping around as much either. I can't say it has more downforce but it is a downforce provider maybe more than the original. I have felt the ass end getting light about 140 ( Quad Cab) but I can say that I felt similar at 120 and after the wing at 120 much better. Can't do a true comparo as one was in Mexico and the other on a banked track with the draft of 20 other 10s clearing the way for me since I stayed back!:marchmellow:

I think the people that were designing these trucks used the same priciple they did with the F-4. "Put enough power behind a brick, and it will fly."

don't know bout most folks, but that is a hell of a compliment to be compared to & put in the same class as the F-4

:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Last edited:
That's when you say screw their design and put a 2/4 drop on it and bag it so you can go as fast as the truck was designed for but it's so low the wind resistance is about 1/2 the normal stance!!!:D

not that I recommend this...but have a passenger look @ the center section of the wing @ high speeds, the thing bows like crazy...its definitely taking a downward beating; leading me to believe that the down force it applies is fairly decent.

RedSrt007 said:
not that I recommend this...but have a passenger look @ the center section of the wing @ high speeds, the thing bows like crazy...its definitely taking a downward beating; leading me to believe that the down force it applies is fairly decent.

without my wing over 100 i can def tell a diffrence

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back