Thoughts on my X-Metal TB

I don't see how on earth I lost HP with the TB! The truck feels like a whole new animal. If there is a loss, its all must be right at redline or close. The drivability is much improved and I feel more power down low in the RPM where the engine spends 90% of the time. I shoulda dynoed it but its too late now, its not an easy swap back to stock and not really worth it to me. I already had to pull the blades and crap off the stock TB!!

I'm with you Derek. My truck drives so much better...with a new open TB.

Mine is a Roe...Sean made no serious hp claims, but I cannot imagine a loss. But I am wrong very often.

Scrambler1 said:
Well if ya'll can wait long enough, when I get my truck back I'll dyno it with Boomer's TB, swap on a stock TB and dyno it again. Back to back, won't even unstrap it. This will be a forced induction, built motor test. I may even do the same thing right afterwards on a bone stock 03 Viper. Will this settle the debate?? I'm not scared to post the facts and dyno sheets. Getting tired of hearing the debate.

Joe

and, i think I will try it with my n/a setup.....crap, anybody got an extra throttle shaft? The logistics of setting up for a dyno pull with current mods, then removal of x-metal TB, and the "rob peter pay paul" swap, then install of stock TB might take too long for my dyno host to have results in same day

Silverback said:
Why change to colder plugs? Changing the TB would not require this as the cylinder pressures would not change that much to require it. The loss of HP could be attibutable to the colder plugs.

Just for future reference. You should never change more than one variable when you are going to conduct a test. If you change two, or more variables you do not know what has happened. One of the changes may have cancelled out the other.

Went with colder plugs for the Nos....Yes, I normally do one mod at a time and dyno tune, but didnt categorize the plugs as a "mod".

It feells like I have more HP and drivability has improved but hp didnt change. I could tell there were no gains in the SOTP under WOT. After a few years, you get to know your truck ;), especially when you stick your foot in it as much as I do.

Anyway, I am not discounting claims of HP gains..just I didnt get anything.

Still like the mod for daily enjoyment and bling factor.

The mods for my truck are Gibson shorties,Magnaflo cat back, JMB CAI. Mopar perf. Comp.I consider this pretty much N/A

oldguysrt10 said:
I expect that if Phil Pfister gets a Ram SRT10 and joins the forum you'll have some explaining from having tagged yourself as "America's Strongest Man". ....

oldguy......OK "strong oldguy"

Just an FYI.... Derek was awarded the title under his screen-name by the owners of this forum... I don't believe it was requested by him. The title was awarded out of respect for Derek.

Black1 said:
Just an FYI.... Derek was awarded the title under his screen-name by the owners of this forum... I don't believe it was requested by him. The title was awarded out of respect for Derek.
All I wanted was Whorelord :confused: :dontknow: :D :p :p

TheSickness said:
All I wanted was Whorelord :confused: :dontknow: :D :p :p
You will always be my Whorelord :D :D :D :rock: :rock: :rock:

Who needs to be strong when you can be sick ;) ;) :D :D :dontknow: :elefant: :nurse:

Back on topic:

I love my throttle body :D Someday it will be installed and I will love it more ;) ;) :D :rock:

Black1 said:

Also Derek won the title in formal competition. He is "America's Strongest Man".:rock:

Jack gave him this title under his name in recognition of his accomplishments.

Silverback said:
Also Derek won the title in formal competition. He is "America's Strongest Man".:rock:

Jack gave him this title under his name in recognition of his accomplishments.
Back to my point hairy ape.......why was I denied a title I earned :dontknow: :D Sweet kisses to all your purty pink parts :D

RESULTS: I stand by my earlier opinion that 8-10 hp on these trucks is not a result. Heck on 3 dyno runs back to back, results vary by that much.

Be careful with statistics. They can be manipulated to say what the writer wants.
My results could spell the end of the TB. I installed mine, and 2 weeks later my engine started a knock. Of course I do not blame the TB. Heck I do not feel it is even a result of my SC. I just think I had a weak engine.

Last edited:
tinygiants said:
RESULTS:
My results could spell the end of the TB. I installed mine, and 2 weeks later my engine started a knock. Of course I do not blame the TB. Heck I do not feel it is even a result of my SC. I just think I had a weak engine.
so if you hadn't installed a sc, your engine would have still blown ?? come on, dale.........:confused:

moparracing said:
so if you hadn't installed a sc, your engine would have still blown ?? come on, dale.........:confused:
To keep this thread on topic, I will answer in my thread.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back