Throttle body test.

John02SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna start porting a stock TB tomorrow. I'm looking to do some testing on the dyno with a X Metal single blade, a bone stocker, and a ported stocker. In order to do the test with the stocker all back to back I'll try to get one of the local guys to let me borrow theirs for a pull or two. Curious to see a back to back to back with the single blade mixed in. Should be some good results! If anyone has a ported unit they would like in the test, please contact me and I'll put it in there. :rock:

Bout finished with the ported stocker, so I might have some X metal vs ported stocker info tonight.

John I know you know what you are doing but here is what we found out.

make sure to not get into the blade area, also the front needs to be to a razor edge.

but there is alot of meat on the bottom that can be removed and smoothed out to make the transition across the frontal area, the rear we didnt find much improvement, but did remove a ton from the rear of the area.

Fstjack did an awesome porting job on his, he actually had to JB weld a couple of places:D

First time I saw this thread. If you need a stock TB let me know. I am off next week....

I found fastjck's pics and didn't go as far as I saw where his went through. I worked a alot on the front and and narrowing down the divider. I only cleaned the bore with some 800 paper to get all the rough edges from where the blade had scratched it up, didn't want to remove any there.

Paul, I might give you a shout next week. Prolly gonna throw mine on the rollers here in a few and test the ported one against the X Metal.

I am very interested in your findings. Let us know as soon as you can.

Bill.

John02SS said:
I found fastjck's pics and didn't go as far as I saw where his went through. I worked a alot on the front and and narrowing down the divider. I only cleaned the bore with some 800 paper to get all the rough edges from where the blade had scratched it up, didn't want to remove any there.

Paul, I might give you a shout next week. Prolly gonna throw mine on the rollers here in a few and test the ported one against the X Metal.
Just let me know.

John02SS said:

Can you post those pics that you found? Thanks:rock:

A ported stocker and the single blade X Metal made the exact same power. Made 4 pulls with each TB, and they were every one within 3 hp of each other. After spending all that time trying it I left the ported stocker on it, prolly powder coat it and sell the X Metal.

I didn't, I didn't have one at the shop. I'm gonna get with paul next week and borrow his stocker and try it. Be curious to see if there is any gains from the ported or the X Metal. Ol' Stocker might make the same power!

Looks like lots of people will be buying the BBK Throttle body when they are available. Mine made a huge difference over the stock throttle body. See the post on the BBK throttle body results in the performance section.

I think the most an X-Met TB is good for is quicker throttle response. This was brought up recently at our last GTG in Houston. The lacking middle pilar should allow for more airflow with a smaller throttle blade opening.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back