Throttle body

moparman95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recomendations on where to purchase an upgraded throttle body?? And, once installed with an exhaust, would I need to re-tune with the SCT??

Ran the track over the weekend, and was not pleased with my times. :slug: Granted on one run I went from 2nd gear, right back into first :banghead: Good times. Stupid Hurst shifter crap. Time to start upgrading.

we do a ported tb that is getting better reviews than the BBK did so far, but at the moment I am back logged with orders on them, getting them out as soon as I can get them done:eek:

Tonys OEM ported tb's are the way to go for sure buddy, the best value and gain you'll get ;)

What were your times if ya dont mind me asking?

Well.. my run times aren't really anywhere near where they are supposed to be. I only ran it 3 times, and the first run I threw it right back into first gear. The 3rd run I pulled a 15.1.. Hold your applause please.. Take off time was a little slow.. and I was shifting too late... and 3rd gear sucks.

moparman95 said:
Well.. my run times aren't really anywhere near where they are supposed to be. I only ran it 3 times, and the first run I threw it right back into first gear. The 3rd run I pulled a 15.1.. Hold your applause please.. Take off time was a little slow.. and I was shifting too late... and 3rd gear sucks.

I have a cure to your 3rd gear blues....X-Metal Gen IV shifter...;)

Oh yeah.. The shifter is one of my next buys. Doing some research, I also found that shifting at 6K RPM's is about way too high. Ima do some tweaking this weak, see if I cant get this bad mofo where its supposed to be!! SCT tuner should be here, and exhaust should be done at least.

Alright.. I haved decided that the X metal shifter is a go. Even if my GF is gonna be pissed about eating Ramen for the next week or so. I just can't see myself throwing it back into first again, and destroying this truck.

Best place to buy one??

I dont think x makes them anymore, you will probably have to watch the buy sell section, I think tnviper has one for sale if not mistaken

moparman95 said:
Alright.. where's the best place to buy this shifter??

PM TNVIPER he has a gen IV X-metal that he is looking to sell, great guy to deal with.

Yeah, I got a Gen IV for sale...PM me if interested...as far as B&M vs X.....I have had both and think they are equal.....no complaints with either..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back