Throttle Positioning Sensor

DUPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody ever had a problem with their TPS sensor?? My check engine light came on and took it in and that's what the problem was. At first the dealership tried to tell me that it wasn't covered under the warranty/service contract...... well I poo-poo'd that and proved them wrong on that... I could tell something was wrong before the light came on though... it was idling at a higher RPM than normal and wasn't sounding right when i was driving it.

In addition when I went to pick up the truck, they had tracked oil into it... so that got me a free inside and out auto-detail of it.... then as i turn out of the dealership, I hear rattling going on and yup.... they left tools in the engine bay where the extra battery slot is... so that's netting me more free things... that dealership was really off point this past time.

However, as for the TPS, ever since I got it replaced (2 weeks now) the truck seems to just get UP!!! I'm loving it.

Has anyone else had this issue though?

had mine replaced when truck was fairly new,i know there are quite a few of us who have replaced theirs.

that's crazy!! I only have a few months left on my 6 year 60k warranty.... stuff better happen BEFORE it comes up

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back