ticking sound

05QCSRT

Reaction score
i noticed today that i have a ticking sound from the engine.....:(
is this normal or should i be concerned cuz im gettin ready for a road trip to PCB and i dont have the time for warranty to fix it....ive had this thing for a month and the tranny needs to be fixed oil lines are leaking the pulley is all wobbley now this...

ok a side note
no one make fun of me but how do you read this dipstick??? im used to the flat dipstick not this kind
im new to the viper world but i love it...:rock:

thanks

ticking is hopefully only the injectors working properly. As far as dipstick, l wipe it off, put it all the way back in, take it back out and it should be to the top of the Mopar stars...

05QCSRT said:
i noticed today that i have a ticking sound from the engine.....:(
is this normal or should i be concerned cuz im gettin ready for a road trip to PCB and i dont have the time for warranty to fix it....ive had this thing for a month and the tranny needs to be fixed oil lines are leaking the pulley is all wobbley now this...

ok a side note
no one make fun of me but how do you read this dipstick??? im used to the flat dipstick not this kind
im new to the viper world but i love it...:rock:

thanks

Let us know where you live and someone will come by with their truck so you can compare the engine sounds. Our injectors are loud and ticking is normal from them.

i am located in lakewood,WA but im moving to Georgia to Fort Stewart

You're planning on a road trip with a wobbling pulley, leaking oil lines and a tranny problem? Be careful man.
I think you can torque the pulley bolt back to specs and you should be fine, take extra oil with you too.
What kind of tranny issues are you having? Quadcab or regular cab truck?

i like the middle of nowhere...its warm there and nobody will bother me when im working on the truck

i have no other choice on the road trip....you wouldnt happen to know what the torque spec is on that bolt???? the tranny problems are the searching for a gear at low speed and low throttle...i almost got t-boned today cuz it couldnt pick a gear... its a 05 QC with 10k on the clock

has anyone ever heard a of warranty company called zurich i got a 3yr 36k warranty when i bought the truck

The tranny problems you are experiencing are normal, just need to adjust the cable at the throttle, or possibly adjust the bands.

The ticking is most likely normal too... These things make a lot of weird noises...

If you have the "infamous" leaking oil lines....."Start thinkin' with ya dipstick Jimmy!" and check it regularly. You would be surprised at how much oil you lose with a seemingly small leak.

05QCSRT said:
i like the middle of nowhere...its warm there and nobody will bother me when im working on the truck

i have no other choice on the road trip....you wouldnt happen to know what the torque spec is on that bolt???? the tranny problems are the searching for a gear at low speed and low throttle...i almost got t-boned today cuz it couldnt pick a gear... its a 05 QC with 10k on the clock

has anyone ever heard a of warranty company called zurich i got a 3yr 36k warranty when i bought the truck

Don't know about that warranty place, but dude you can seriously go through Chrysler and get a better one, 5yr 50K for around 2K.

SPACEMONKEY1 said:
Don't know about that warranty place, but dude you can seriously go through Chrysler and get a better one, 5yr 50K for around 2K.

What he said!! -- and if your in the middle of BFE - consider getting yourself a shop manual... they are in CD form and you can print out the page your working on. anyway FWIW

The chronic 1-2-1-2 shift hunt at low speed and low throttle is caused by debris accumulating on your govenor solenoid ($50 - $100 part, depending on dealers mood). Have the tranny fluid serviced and tell them to replace the govenor solenoid. Now the bad news: the debris is likely caused by excessive wear on the front clutch caused by shift timing issues.

Read all about it here: http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31891

Back