Time for New Tires:)

What brand of tires should I get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlackMamba50

#10pistonkilla
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So it's getting close to NEW TIRE TIME! Many of you know I recently bought my SRT-10 and couldn't be happier with it! The factory Scorpions didn't have much tread left on them. I've used the search tool, but wanted to get a poll opinion.

I'd like to hear real world results from you guys, actual SRT10 owners and the tires you like or dislike. I may just grab another 4 Scorpions, but the UHP General Grabber, BFG G/FORCE TA are in the mix of things!

Forgot about them, good call! I did rock some Nitto 420's on my old HEMI truck. They wore great but I couldn't stand they way they looked. They did perform well! I had Hankook Ventus ST RH06 Tires on the HEMI and loved the look they gave!
BlackKnight said:
Look into the Nitto's too, many members have them and love them.

Yoko prada spec x but go just one size bigger better handling and it fills out the wheel well nice and Highest speed rating 305/45R22 great in the rain and snow.

Scorpions

Just installed a set of 4 and WOW!!! I have traction again!! Pullin' 2nd is like a Jack Rabbit!!!!:rock: :rock: They lose traction as they get worn out , but i am sure they all do!! I was able to stay ahead of a Cadillac CTS-V through first when he quit! and get, and stay ahead of a Ford Lightning ,from a stop right to 110 mph! when he QUIT! whoo whoo ! :rock: :rock: :rock: I love this truck!

BFG's. If you want to corner like a sports car get the BFG's. Not the best in the rain and with a 300 thread compound they won't last long. I don't drive my truck in the rain but I do race it on a road course.

HV SRT said:
BFG's. If you want to corner like a sports car get the BFG's. Not the best in the rain and with a 300 thread compound they won't last long. I don't drive my truck in the rain but I do race it on a road course.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

if they can fit in the budget, the BFG's are great. with HV's input went ahead and got them.

excellent overall ride, dry traction & wet is very impressive. and they look impressive also :rock: :rock: :rock:

the General's did an excellent job for me also:rock:

anything better than the stock Scorpions. i have had a full set of them go back and perelli said they dont cover those tires and wouldnt do anything for them. had a problem with the tread breaking away from the sidewall.. have 2 now that have me putting truck up early for winter due to tread pulling away. have 2 UHP General Grabber on the rear they have had great traction middle of road on wear but i think they are a softer rubber compound.

viperhauler said:
continental cross contacts....ZR, great traction wet or dry...
I just put a set on my truck. So far, I like them ok. I went one size bigger and saved over $150 on the set, and they look good!

I have the Falkens and they are probably the cheapest tire yo can get for our trucks but after having a set till damn near bald with no plugs,patches,tire separation issues, no problems at all I bought 4 more. They have the deepest tread available at 14-16/32" I believe and they are quiet, great traction, and handle the twisties great in my opinion. Actually I haven't found anything wrong with them other than they are cheap! LOL They are made by OHTSU tires in Japan or somewhere but alot of our BIG RIGS use these same tires and say they are better than the Michilens(SP) and the Continental tires and last longer than both. Oh yeah and with little tread on the back tires I rounded the Texas Motor SPeedway at 120 with no issues whatsoever.

BFG'S--Great handling and look sharp. Not the most economical (wears faster than Pirellis) but if you're driving a ten who cares.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back