Tinting Tails

Harasin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i'm currently in the proccess of tinting my tails with the tint spray. I got my desired darkness and then put a few coats of clear. Im having troubles with getting it shiney, it has a rough surface. I think im supposed to sand it once im done to get rid of the bumps and then use a rubbing compound? Is this correct? Which rubbing compound do I use? Thanks in advance guys.

Eric

Harasin said:
Hey guys, i'm currently in the proccess of tinting my tails with the tint spray. I got my desired darkness and then put a few coats of clear. Im having troubles with getting it shiney, it has a rough surface. I think im supposed to sand it once im done to get rid of the bumps and then use a rubbing compound? Is this correct? Which rubbing compound do I use? Thanks in advance guys.

Eric
Pm Carl. His member name is in my sig. He did my lights and they are shiny as a diamond!!!

Real Quick

WET sand w 1000 grit sand paper.

Buff w PPG(what we use)#1 compound, then #2 polish, then #3 ultrafine finish. Then wax.

Shold take you about an hour MAX

But your clear shoulda left you pretty good. Unless it was out of a can. Sand just the clear and not down through the black tint.

Hope that helps.

SHU

I use 2000 grit and wet sand them, then apply a second coat, wet sand, then a third coat, wet sand, then polish. Just make sure you wait about a week before the polish process, make sure the coatings have cured.

Here is how mine turned out.

Digiphotos009.jpg

Digiphotos010.jpg

Bill.

I'm getting ready to do another set with the Viper logos on them, I'll post a write up in the DIY with photos when I'm done. Did that once but it accidently got deleted and was asked to repost it.

How do the brake lights look in thr day? Are they even visible?

I really need to get off my ass and do this. Black trucks look sexy with black tails.

McLuvin said:
right up until you get rear ended...

but I have a fire and ice light bar, LED tail lights and led brake lights... They can't see my brakes are on their either blind or not paying attention.

Back