Tire Life

shorty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just had 2 - Goodyear Fortera SL 305/45/22 mounted on my truck. The same tires I took off had 3/32nds left but I like better tread for my highway driving. The two I took off had 62,100 miles on them. Granted I do not spin the tires at each stop and 95% of my miles are on the highway but this is great mileage. :rock:

That is excellent mileage! I drive my truck hard, but for only 2 - 3k a year. The tires on it now have about 10k miles on them and will need to be replaced next year.

I have 26k on my current tires (Falkens). I'll get another 10k out of them pretty easily.

October will be 2 years for owning mine. It had 15,400 miles then and now a little over 78,000. As you can see, I bought mine to drive and when the motor is finished I will get VEMOMOUS1 to rebuild. If fact, my tires far outlast my transmission. :dontknow:

October will be 2 years for owning mine. It had 15,400 miles then and now a little over 78,000. As you can see, I bought mine to drive and when the motor is finished I will get VEMOMOUS1 to rebuild. If fact, my tires far outlast my transmission. :dontknow:

I see a transmission upgrade in your future, shorty.

Just had 2 - Goodyear Fortera SL 305/45/22 mounted on my truck. The same tires I took off had 3/32nds left but I like better tread for my highway driving. The two I took off had 62,100 miles on them. Granted I do not spin the tires at each stop and 95% of my miles are on the highway but this is great mileage. :rock:

I have about 20K on my Fortera SL's, stock size, and they have many more miles left in them! Not to bad for winter driving either...

I see a transmission upgrade in your future, shorty.

When Scott does my engine (I'm sure that is coming) I may have him upgrade to the GM tranny everyone is talking about as a replacement. :dontknow:

Although, my present overhaul has lasted 35,000 miles without a band adjustment and feels just like it did the day I picked it up. Who knows?

The first set on the pickup lasted 15k but they were also 8 years old.

I've got 43k miles on my tru k and am on the 3rd set of tires, and they're getting close to replacement time.

I looked at them but decided not to buy due to the H speed rating. However I don't go over 130 very often.

I looked at them but decided not to buy due to the H speed rating. However I don't go over 130 very often.

Can't speak for the racers here but for primarily highway driving they can't be beat. Most of us here rarely go over 130 very often and I would guess that most honestly never hit that mark. My driving is mostly in West Texas where the limit is 75 and I put my cruise on 80ish with some passing at 95. Just my 2 cents worth.

Yea in pa 55 saves lives. However they just upped the turnpike from 65 to 70. So you can go a little faster if you pay extra to drive on the road. My old job cost me $2.30 to go 1 exit 1 way. It has since gone up.

55 saves lives. What a bunch of crap! Let me tell you what saves lives. Not texting while driving! And yes stopped at the traffic light is still driving!

55 saves lives. What a bunch of crap! Let me tell you what saves lives. Not texting while driving! And yes stopped at the traffic light is still driving!

Are you arguing with yourself??? :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back