Tires

jerew65

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys got a question.

My '04 RC has the original tires still on the truck, and the truck only has 6k on the odometer. The tires still have the little spikes all over them.

The tires obviously won’t wear out from mileage so the question is, how long will they last until they become unsafe? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

The truck is kept in a controlled garage and the tires have no cracks in them... yet.

i was wondering the same...i'm still on the originals.i tried to find a manufacturing date on the tires...to no avail. 6 years i believe on the expiration date. mine is kept in garage too,so may be able to go a little longer.

I would like to know this information as well, mine only has 4K miles but they are still the original tires. It is kept in the garage. I'm hoping they will last quite a bit considering last time I looked at tire prices they were around $425 each:eek:

jerew65 said:
Hey guys got a question.

My '04 RC has the original tires still on the truck, and the truck only has 6k on the odometer. The tires still have the little spikes all over them.

The tires obviously won’t wear out from mileage so the question is, how long will they last until they become unsafe? :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

The truck is kept in a controlled garage and the tires have no cracks in them... yet.
Check this site out.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=11

The ABC Video in the link above is something Everyone should watch... I knew old tires were bad but did not know how to read the true age of the tire. Who ever posted this originally has my eternal thanks... :)

When that ABC program aired I checked the tires on my other garage queen. (3000GT Spyder VR-4 ). I had bought all 4 tires at the same time ,but the front tires were almost 2 years older. I bought two new tires to replace the old ones.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back