Tires...

USMC11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I'm looking for a set of new rears - mine are getting pretty worn.

My truck is stock aside from a couple of power adders, which probably amount to very little but the tires just dont hook flooring it in 1st gear after 2500 or so rpm so I have to hold throttle down about 60% or so... They hook ok in 2nd gear though...

my question is, are there any street tires (I hear the BFGs are good) that will hook up all the way through 1st gear?:dontknow:

Thanks for any help in advance all

The BFG's have the softest compound. They still might break loose. If your racing at a dragstrip then lower the pressure to 22 psi.

I can bark the BFG's pretty good on a 1-2 shift. I don't nail it off the line, but rapidly ease in. Very happy - on my 2nd set.

My Cooper Zeon's have more bite than the stock Pirelli's and they don't break completely loose on the street except now and then, just burn a ways and bark good at the shift. But then I have a quad cab and automatic with a tune. They don't break loose at the track on the rubber if they are warmed a bit. They do stop the rabbit hunt the Pirelli's create. There are tons and tons of threads on tires, good luck with your selection.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back