tires

I've tried several variations and found that rubber tires work the best.

**Edit** Make sure you get round ones! Most other shapes don't work well.

WARNING: those who do not use search feature will be publicly humiliated:chain:

Last edited:
the real question is, what will fit in your tightass non-extent budget:damnmate::dontknow:

the real question is, what will fit in your tightass non-extent budget:damnmate::dontknow:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Freddy, I run Falkens on mine and am happy with them. They have 15k miles on them now and I expect I'll get another 10k or so out of them. They hook ok, ride nice, and look alright - all for not too much money.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Freddy, I run Falkens on mine and am happy with them. They have 15k miles on them now and I expect I'll get another 10k or so out of them. They hook ok, ride nice, and look alright - all for not too much money.

I ran them after the stockers. Got right at 20k before they wouldnt pass an inspection......replaced at 25k just before the next vehicle inspection.

I have about 26k on my Nittos so far(many track passes as well). I would say I am at or above half life left. I know the speed rating is down but I promise they don't explode at 140+ :D

Nitto 420 if your a cruiser type, but if you suffer from speed attacks like me stick with the Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico. Freddy go to Discount Tire and educate yourself on tires. They have quick links that explain Warranty, Treadwear, Traction, Temperature, Speed Rating. Also you can search the forum and find threads/posts of member reviews/thoughts on tires they liked or disliked.

This is the info for the Pirelli Scorpion as an Example.

Warranty 45,000 Miles.

The mileage warranty of a tire indicates the number of miles that a tire is estimated to last. If a tire fails to last for the number of miles indicated by the warranty, the customer will be given credit toward a new tire based on how many miles short of the estimate the tire fell. Some restrictions apply.

Treadwear 420

The treadwear grade of a tire is a comparative rating based on the wear of a tire when tested carefully under controlled conditions. For example, a tire graded 400 should have its useful tread last twice as long as a tire graded 200. However, a different tire manufacturer may grade a comparable design as 300, so a grade of 150 would last half as long under their grading scheme. Therefore, it is not recommended to use one manufacturer's grade versus another, but instead to compare tire grades within a given brand. Actual treadwear performance can vary tremendously according to the tire's real-world use. Variations in driving habits, service practices (especially air pressure maintenance), road conditions and climate will affect the life of treadwear.

Traction A

Traction grades represent a tire's ability to stop on wet pavement as measured under controlled conditions on asphalt and concrete test surfaces. The traction grades from highest to lowest are "AA","A","B" and "C". A tire graded "AA" may have relatively better traction performance than a tire graded lower, based on straight-ahead braking tests. The grades do not take into consideration the cornering or turning performance of a tire

Temperature A

Temperature grades represent a tire's resistance to heat and its ability to dissipate heat when tested under controlled laboratory test conditions. The grades from highest to lowest are "A","B" and "C". The grade "C" corresponds to the minimum performance required by federal safety standards. Therefore, the "A" tire is the coolest running. However, even though the "C" tire runs hottest of the three grades, that does not mean it is unsafe. The temperature grade is established for a tire that is properly inflated and not overloaded.

Speed Rating W*

The speed rating of a tire is based on U.S. Government standards for reaching and sustaining a specified speed. Typically, a tire with a higher speed rating results in better handling. Speed ratings are determined via laboratory tests that simulate road performance at various speeds.

Below is a list of speed ratings along with the corresponding speeds they represent. Remember that the speeds listed are test speeds and not recommended speeds. Speed ratings apply only to the tire itself, and not to a particular vehicle. Putting a tire rated for a certain speed on a vehicle does not mean that the vehicle can be safely operated at the tire's rated speed.
B - Up to 31 mph
C - Up to 37 mph
D - Up to 40 mph
E - Up to 43 mph
F - Up to 50 mph
G - Up to 56 mph
J - Up to 62 mph
K - Up to 68 mph
L - Up to 75 mph
M - Up to 81 mph
N - Up to 87 mph
P - Up to 94 mph
Q - Up to 100 mph
R - Up to 106 mph
S - Up to 112 mph
T - Up to 118 mph
U - Up to 124 mph
H - Up to 130 mph
V - Up to 149 mph
W - Up to 168 mph
Y - Up to 186 mph
Z - 149 mph and over

If a listed speed rating contains two letters (such as VR), the first letter represents the speed rating and the second letter (R) indicates that it is a radial tire.​

BFG's hands-down if you can afford a little quicker tire wear. But they are the softest compound (stickier) than any of the stock-sized tires out there. I will never run anything else on this particular vehicle. They ride significantly better than the Pirelli's as well... but, they will not last 45k miles (if guys are really getting that out of their stock tires).

take it from some one that we all KNOW drives his truck (with video proof)...adriancaf1 runs the nexens and swears by them.. cheap, they hook great and wear decent...plus no worries boiling them they are only 160$...you can take the butchers word or stick your head up the cows ass lol

I have had the stock Pirrellis, ok, Falkens, better, KDWs best, & now have NITTO 420s, too new & not enuff miles on em too give a fair evaluation. Initial respone is I be goin back to the KDWs, I did get 33kon them & was told that better than most. JMO.. do the KDWs..

I have had the stock Pirellis, ok, Falkens, better, KDWs, BEST. Currently have NITTO 420s, not enuff miles on em to judge fairly, but, my gut feeling is I be back to the KDWs ..

HEY Fredy,

might want to check out the GT Radial Champiro 528's

got a set today from Discount Tire.

ruined one of my BFG's Friday & it was the only tire they had in stock in our size.

they are V rated & same specs as the BFG's but at $145. they are an all season tire.

ain't been able to break them loose yet

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back