title possible

Floor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey fellas, got my eye on an 41 chevy deluxe with some work on.
Problem: car is in GA and has not title (too old). I need one to export the car. How/where can I apply for one and what would it cost?
Planning to ask a US co-worker to assist since I probably need to show a US drivers licence right?

have your buddy get a custom builders title,,if it is still in Ga. not sure what they require but most states you can take pictures of any tag or plate number and go get one , i did that on a couple of motorcycles i built long time ago

i don't know the vehicle laws over there, but here you can take a bill of sale, and once they do a check on the vin (to make sure it's not stolen) they will issue you a title....

can you do that over there? fax a bill of sale to your DMW or whatever you guys have, then wait a while for the title...then ship the car when you get the title?

i don't know about that place...never heard of them...sounds like double what you would pay yourself to go do...

the last one i did was a car in GA...i had a bill of sale...took it to the tax office and paid maybe $40 (i think the truck was $6k), went to the dmv, then it was, i think $75 for new tag, dmv registration, and maybe $50 for the title...since i only had the bill of sale (as it's not required on vehicles over 25 years old, or something like that), they contacted the people i bought it from in GA (to make sure it wasn't stolen...kinda like a background check for a vehicle), did some hen pecking on the computer, and printed out a new title...

but that's in the states...i have no clue what's required across the pond.

have you contacted your dmv(or whatever you guys call it) over there?

they really do not care how you get the us title . Fact is I need one, otherwise the paperwork to get any car imported and on a licence plate is a nightmare.

Anyways, confirmed I would purchase this chevy the seller got a better offer over the weekend from a local buyer so it's not longer available.

The search continues....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back