To buy or not to buy............

HOT RAM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...........that is the question.I found an 02 Z06 on AutoTrader for 42k.It will do 10.1 in the quarter.Saw pic with wheels almost off the ground.Has a $23k engine in it,427 ci. Any opinions ?????????

I'd have a hard time buying any kind of built car without knowing the builder...

How much are they asking, how many miles?

HOT RAM said:
...........that is the question.I found an 02 Z06 on AutoTrader for 42k.It will do 10.1 in the quarter.Saw pic with wheels almost off the ground.Has a $23k engine in it,427 ci. Any opinions ?????????
Has Auto-Trader got a link to the car...

Quick

From my personal experience purchasing a modded vehicle. Get dynoes, tests, etc before buying. You dont know whats been done to the car or the state of the motor. It cost me 16K to find out the hard way. BE CAREFUL!!

You can buy a super-low-mile '04 ZO6 that'll do easy mid-12's @ 116mph+stock, be a complete blast to drive with no issues, won't rattle your brain with its loud-ass exhaust, have a factory GM warranty, AND cost less than 40K!!

A ten second car sounds great until you realize you can barely get into it on the street without smoking the tires, constantly. My bud had a stock '01 ZO6 and hooking on the street was a PITA with that!

IMO, don't do it.

Hamrhead said:
You can buy a super-low-mile '04 ZO6 that'll do easy mid-12's @ 116mph+stock, be a complete blast to drive with no issues, won't rattle your brain with its loud-ass exhaust, have a factory GM warranty, AND cost less than 40K!!

A ten second car sounds great until you realize you can barely get into it on the street without smoking the tires, constantly. My bud had a stock '01 ZO6 and hooking on the street was a PITA with that!

IMO, don't do it.

I heard that Hamr!!!

My buddy is looking for an 03ish Vette or zo6 right now. I keep telling him dont settle for anything other than a z06.

With a couple of bolts ons those babies are cherry!!!

patrick

Thanks for the input.I don't remember the mileage,but I think it was pretty low.I also don't know the builder.I think I might be better off just buying a 02-04 Z06 with no mods and low miles.Preferably with the mod red interior.

Thanks again for the advice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOT RAM said:
Thanks for the input.I don't remember the mileage,but I think it was pretty low.I also don't know the builder.I think I might be better off just buying a 02-04 Z06 with no mods and low miles.Preferably with the mod red interior.

Thanks again for the advice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We love to help others spend their money!!!!!! LOL

patrick

Now if I could just make up MY mind about this damn 4,400 mile '00 Viper GTS ACR...:dontknow:

Hell, I barely drive my truck, but Gawd it's so kewl!!:rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back