To buy or not to buy

gpnPike

Reaction score
So i've been lurking here for a month or so, and I think I'm ready to take the plunge. My brother, thjones3, just sold his but unfortunately I didn't have the money at the time. So what do you think about this one?

http://www.carolinaautodirect.com/web/1526/vehicle/19071

Carfax says it was a repo. Anything to be worried about there?

There is a small ding on the front bumper with hairline fractures. The frame does not appear to be tampered with, and the hood and grill look be to original paint. I would think if it was bad they would have put on a new front bumper. The radiator support bolts have been loosened or tightened (the paint is worn off). I'm not sure if this is something to be worried about.

Everything else looks great, and it runs strong. So what do you think?
Thanks guys, looking forward to joining the RBC!! :rock:

looks good, man.:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

right color, right cab, right truck.:rock: :rock: :rock:

any mods??? is that a fresh set of rubber on her??? what brand are they???

i would go for it:rock: :rock: :rock:

welcome to the RBC & enjoy.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

ZCx said:
looks good, man.:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

right color, right cab, right truck.:rock: :rock: :rock:

any mods??? is that a fresh set of rubber on her??? what brand are they???

i would go for it:rock: :rock: :rock:

welcome to the RBC & enjoy.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

:dito: :dito:

Yep What He Said .......

All it has is aftermarket exhaust. It might be a flowmaster but can't tell. It sounds decent. Until I can sell a kidney and get B&B. :rock:

Brand new Nitto rubber. They seem pretty sticky, but only rated to 130ish if I remember correctly.

Think I'm going to go make an offer tomorrow :D

Welcome!

:eek:BUY TRUCK NOW!!!!! :dontknow:Even if it IS red. Welcome to the RBC. We hope you enjoy your stay.:D

So I have this red truck sitting out in front of my place but it snowed and the roads are nasty :mad:

gpnPike said:
So I have this red truck sitting out in front of my place but it snowed and the roads are nasty :mad:

LMAO

congrats man :rock: :burnout: :congrats: :rock: :burnout: :congrats:

just hang in there. the weather will blow through quickly.

for whatever reason i can't drive mine, very very few, i still get wood just lookin at her.

they are beautiful beasts:rock: :congrats: :rock: :congrats: :rock: :congrats:

:congrats: Excellent move. You will not regret it. When the weather improves go out and enjoy her SAFELY!!!

Congrats on truck. Welcome to the nut house:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :p

I'm sure gpnPike will get on here and update us (or start a new thread), but it turns out he may be in for some fun in the near future. He was driving the SRT today and he said the engine started ticking/knocking fairly loudly. :( We aren't sure what the deal is. Is that what it sounds like when the ring land lets go? He is supposed to sign the paper work tomorrow. Not sure what to do now. Maybe take it to a dealership for a compression test? :argh:

thjones3 said:
I'm sure gpnPike will get on here and update us (or start a new thread), but it turns out he may be in for some fun in the near future. He was driving the SRT today and he said the engine started ticking/knocking fairly loudly. :( We aren't sure what the deal is. Is that what it sounds like when the ring land lets go? He is supposed to sign the paper work tomorrow. Not sure what to do now. Maybe take it to a dealership for a compression test? :argh:
I wouldnt sign any paper until I knew for sure what that noise is. :(

yeah thats the problem. I've already signed all the paperwork except the banks. I might be effed. :banghead:

new thread :mad:

I live in hendersonville, going to a meet in clarksville this weekend with a few srt challengers, srt Cherokee's, and lightnings. If anyone is interested in that and it will be at hooters. Thanks for the advice fellas and anymore is welcome involving the trading of this vehicle. Do i have a chance against the any of these vehicles this weekend? I have upgraded mopar cam, b &g stage 2 flash, and running just the two front cats.

cdbull03 said:
I live in hendersonville, going to a meet in clarksville this weekend with a few srt challengers, srt Cherokee's, and lightnings. If anyone is interested in that and it will be at hooters. Thanks for the advice fellas and anymore is welcome involving the trading of this vehicle. Do i have a chance against the any of these vehicles this weekend? I have upgraded mopar cam, b &g stage 2 flash, and running just the two front cats.
you'll do just fine bo:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back