to the trans guy...

Randall488

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped clifford the bg red dodge off at my trans guy. Gettin a full rebuild with shift kit,triple disk torque converter. And beefier internals. Down side the truck is gonna be gone for a month... I already miss it lol

That sucks that you're doing it while the weather's nice.

A shift kit is a waste of money,do the valve body,4-2 lever and servo,theres a bunch of internal must do's when your in there,I had mine done, running a supercharger on it for 2 years and holdng up beautifully!!

This is a 95 Ram 2500 with the iron 8.0 V10. Same trans that's behind the cummins. So its gettin diesel spec performance parts. Eventually my truck will be super charged too but that wont be for a couple years. And yeah its a shame that it took this long to get it done but I just started makkin money again.

A shift kit is a waste of money,do the valve body,4-2 lever and servo,theres a bunch of internal must do's when your in there,I had mine done, running a supercharger on it for 2 years and holdng up beautifully!!

What he said ^^^^. Save your money on the shift kit and get a built valve body.

The guy I'm goin to does it standard on every trans he builds. That and the torque converter, I trust this guy he builds trans for diesel dragstets and specialized in the 47rh/re trans.

That and i prefer a firm shift to a soft. That and ya gotta keep on mind the iron 8.0 makes peak torque alot lower than the 8.3. The shift kit can't hurt.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back