Today not the greatest!!

furgy667

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got my fist ticket since 2001 . Got me as I entered a construction zone. I was slowing and to be honest its kinda dirty to hide under the bridge at the start of the construction zone , but still I was speeding before the zone. 77 in a 50 ! Still I am pretty lucky ! I had to make a 300 mile round trip to my Granny's today on the way home , a mile form my sons school. I turn of the main road and something is not right here. Front tire was squealing and I was not going fast at all. Thought for a second it was my brakes. Then I went to turn into the school and almost took out a power poll!!! I made it in to the school parking lot and this is what I found.
attachment.php

I count my self lucky that the ole girl decide to drop the tie rod when I was doing 5 instead of 80. Seriously though did dodge even use a torque wrench when they made these trucks?

Attachments

• IMG00026-20091014-1701.jpg
    IMG00026-20091014-1701.jpg
    454.5 KB · Views: 177
viperhauler said:
i guess not on your truck...:mad:

glad you weren't on the hwy...that coulda ended up in disaster

I know right first the Crank pulley now this. Going to have them go over the suspension while shes on the rack. To think of what could have happened makes me shiver. Me and my son make this trip to care for Granny ever other weekend.

furgy667 said:
I know right first the Crank pulley now this. Going to have them go over the suspension while shes on the rack. To think of what could have happened makes me shiver. Me and my son make this trip to care for Granny ever other weekend.
Its a shame really, they use cotter pins on almost all of the critcal suspension parts. You would think they really would use them in this case because its bolted upside down. :mad: :mad: Thank god bro you werent going 80, we all know how bad that would have been. The man upstairs was lookin out :)

yea, that could have been bad

Picked up the truck at the shop today . Wasn't that bad of a hit really $206 needed a new tie road and of course had a full aliment done .

Heres the kicker the tech asked me if some on was out to get me . He said there was no wear at all on the end or thread of the tie rod. Does stand to reason that if it worked it self loose that there would be some type of wear.

What do you guys think ? There is a person that would benefit from my untimely demise.

furgy667 said:
Picked up the truck at the shop today . Wasn't that bad of a hit really $206 needed a new tie road and of course had a full aliment done .

Heres the kicker the tech asked me if some on was out to get me . He said there was no wear at all on the end or thread of the tie rod. Does stand to reason that if it worked it self loose that there would be some type of wear.

What do you guys think ? There is a person that would benefit from my untimely demise.
You'd think if it worked itself loose over time, everytime you moved the steering wheel the tie rod would yank alittle bit, possibly causing wear :dontknow:

It's interesting that your tie rod end didnt have the cotter pin holding the bolt on. That would have to be left off on purpose. Hmm. Glad you werent doing a buck when it gave up Bro!!:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back