Tonneau cover No Cutting!!

I want one of those too. I just heard that their shipping company delivered a few damaged. If you get it I would be interested on knowing your pro's and con's. I think they look great :) :burnout: :)

About 1200 bucks...this is also known as the Lazerlite Tonneau cover. Its the shizzy! Fo sho!:D:D:D

Cons, None other than not locking on the later models. They do have an internal locking mech that requires a tailgate lock to fully secure. Water tight or at least mine is. The shipper didnt damage mine, the issue is that the paint needs to cure longer. Mine had best I can explain chaffing marks from the plastic shipping cover. I was able to buff them out after the paint fully cured.

I would hate to ship one of these things and I have to say the people at LT do an awesome job of packing. They basically build a wood frame around the cover and insulate with foam. The cover itself is wrapped in a thin mil plastic and the top side is covered with a thin styrenfoam sheet. The rest of the cover is foamed into place with can foam so that it will not move.

Chris

For you two that have it, did you put the wing back on after, and if you did how is it?

Cudajon said:
For you two that have it, did you put the wing back on after, and if you did how is it?

I have one. I think it was one of the early models they produced. (it has the lock) I love it. I did put the wing back on, it is fairly easy. You do have to cut the "nubs" off the wing (you'll know what I am talking about when you take it off). You put the scews back into the wing, coat the ends of the screws with your wife's best lipstick, place on the cover where you want the wing. You now have the spots marked where you are going to drill.

Drink a beer or 2, because you are about to drill holes in the cover you just paid $1,200 for. Pull out the drill and go to it!!

Is it still "weather proof" after it, or should you put something on the screws to seal it up?

Cudajon said:
Is it still "weather proof" after it, or should you put something on the screws to seal it up?

I did not need anything to seal it up, it fits very tight. To be on the safe side a bit of sealant would not hurt..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back