Too Loud??

Harasin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was on my way to see a movie with my GF when I saw the flashing lights behind me.... Two tickets... "Unnecessary noise" and... "Tinted windows." The officer said my truck was way too loud and it needed to be fixed immediately.. Along with the tickets, he gave me a required vehicle inspection from a certified company. I have 30 days to get the inspection done or elses its a $700 fine. This is the second time in a MONTH that I have been pulled over for "Unnecessary noise." $109.00 a pop. I'm really bummed because I love the sound of the Catless mids w/ Magnaflow. Anyone else been pulled over for being too loud?:mad: :mad:

Harasin said:
I was on my way to see a movie with my GF when I saw the flashing lights behind me.... Two tickets... "Unnecessary noise" and... "Tinted windows." The officer said my truck was way too loud and it needed to be fixed immediately.. Along with the tickets, he gave me a required vehicle inspection from a certified company. I have 30 days to get the inspection done or elses its a $700 fine. This is the second time in a MONTH that I have been pulled over for "Unnecessary noise." $109.00 a pop. I'm really bummed because I love the sound of the Catless mids w/ Magnaflow. Anyone else been pulled over for being too loud?:mad: :mad:

DAMM bro - that sucks, i think the noise level will depend on your township ordinance, there is a time line is there was well " IE. no noise level can exceed 10,000 dB past 11 pm " ect....

good luck

where ya at???

is there a db spec & did he have a meter with what it was puttin out????

or is it just goin by personal prefrence?????

Thats BS! Do some research what is the DB level for "unnecessary noise" I bet the cop doesnt know. If your running trough a muffler i dont see how they can do anything about it. Does your state require cats? if not than I dont see a problem.
that cop was just jellous thast all... hehe

bigredv10 said:
Thats BS! Do some research what is the DB level for "unnecessary noise" I bet the cop doesnt know. If your running trough a muffler i dont see how they can do anything about it. Does your state require cats? if not than I dont see a problem.
that cop was just jellous thast all... hehe
I agree. They have to have some kind of sound meter form a certain distance away. Stereo systems are a different issue. Around here, if they hear it from a certain distance away, you're gtting a ticket or a verbal warning. But exhaust is different. You're gonna hear exhaust. The question is, what's the db limit and at what distance?

you can beat the ticket unless he had a db meter....if not that was his personal thought about your exhaust and will get thrown out in court....cops need proof that your truck doesn't me state requirements....not is personal opinion....

In NJ it is the officer's discretion on what is "too loud" but the summons is written as defective exhaust...no DB meter required.

That being said, i have never written (or pulled a vehicle over) for making too much noise. :dontknow:

Man that blows....really sounds like some bs to me.....I know in ga i ran with my cutouts in my heads/cammed/not cats truck with the cutouts open all the time....crazy loud!!

I know!! I'm so bummed. I am going to have to research the DB levels for my area, and whether or not it's his discretion. I'm planning on disputing them. I'm located in British Columbia Canada. I'm a bit pissed because when he pulled me over there were like 3 civics around me revving it up. They were pretty loud, but he chose me of course. Thanks for the input guys

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back