Too much suction in motor?

My turn,
one-there is no pcv on a factory engine(there is an orifice)
Two-Check for a blocked breather hose,This will cause a non vented system.
Which in turn will cause your vacuum to rise.The whistling noise is probably
the vacuum created ,is looking for a vent/breather.(for lack of a better term).
If your engine is not plumbed to factory specs,Then forget everything I just said:D

Man my truck still makes the noise, but I think it's the PCV valve thing. the only thing with mine is it only does it on cold start. Never does it after driving it around. I'll get around to messing with it. Directions in the exotic engine section.

two different noises being described here....

the oil filter noise is completelt different from the issue here.

FIXED

We'll it was eaiser than I thought, when I put the manifold back on ( about a year later from dissassembly) I got the 2 vent hoses reversed. I had the hose that goes into the bottom of the intake in the same valve cover with the oil fill, thus making suction there. And the hose that goes to the air box was connected to the pass side valve cover. I dont understand why this matters but It does. So If anybody has a wierd noise check those lines.....:marchmellow:

Now I think I understand why there was a vacuum rather than a pressure on the drivers side valve cover!

Good find! We all learned from your experience.

STUDBOYZ said:
We'll it was eaiser than I thought, when I put the manifold back on ( about a year later from dissassembly) I got the 2 vent hoses reversed. I had the hose that goes into the bottom of the intake in the same valve cover with the oil fill, thus making suction there. And the hose that goes to the air box was connected to the pass side valve cover. I dont understand why this matters but It does. So If anybody has a wierd noise check those lines.....:marchmellow:
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

STUDBOYZ said:
Hey Prof. You still getting that truck painted? Anything going on with it yet?

Thanks for asking...it is on the list for next winter...I'm kind of torn between two very dark colors (blue and purple) both so close together that it is hard to tell the difference.

do both, make a dark blue with a large amount of purple pearl.. it will flip betweent the both in different lighting..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back