Took 10 years, but I got one.

Spraypaint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I picked up a red 2006 srt10 last Nov. I always wanted one, and I finally stumbled on one for a great price. I had two X-Runners before I found this big red beast.
I joined this site some time ago, but haven't posted in here yet. Been busy since my super cool & awesome mom passed away at the beginning of the year.
She rode in the truck multiple times before she passed, however, even having a bad heart and being sick, she would still say to me "Make it Go!!!":burnout:

Congrats on the ride. I took me 10 years as well. I will be picking up my mom from the hospital tomorrow. I am sure she will be telling me to slow down. Condolences for your loss.

Thank you, my mom loved my truck. Btw: I forgot, my name is Lyle, live in LA, SFV area, living in West Hills now, moving to Chatsworth.
I love this truck......but my reverse is toast. It does it all, grinding like crazy & popping outta gear. Then outta nowhere.....it goes right in. :dontknow:

Welcome....I joined recently and have found it to be very helpful and friendly on here.

Let's see some pictures of the truck

picture.php

Thank you,
Don't have too many pictures of my baby, 1st pic she needs a bath. 2nd pic was when I first got her.

Congrats and welcome to the RBC! Try bleeding your clutch at the fitting coming out of slave on driver bellhousing. Ensure reservoir is full to step by removing bladder and topping off. Crack bleeder under truck and let it gravity bleed around 10 seconds. Close bleeder, top off reservoir, repeat.

Welcome to the party, pal.

I'm the same as you, looked at them for 10 years before finally pulling the trigger.

Right on, Thanks for the welcome.
To be honest, I'm ready to have someone make this Trans bulletproof. From what I see on here, Liberty, Tick or RPM seem to be popular shops. I would also like to know a bit more about SPT. Being that I'm in LA, they could be some people I'd like to know? Knowing my luck, they probably moved. :p

Welcome to the VTCoA!

Thanks again for the welcomes.
I'm no Mechanic, but I'm going to try bleeding it this weekend. However, I still don't trust it. I had the clutch & the slave replaced (OEM) when I first picked it up. Trans was a pretty hammered when I got it. Clutch is starting to slip again though. If I hit the gas hard, I can feel it slipping a little in 2nd & 3rd gear. Reverse didn't start giving me problems till about a week or so after I got it. Once it started, it got worse every week. Any advice coming from this ocean of Viper Truck knowledge is much appreciated. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back